Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pier
Thanks Sandcrab

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I've seen guys fishing on the Matapeake pier during the Summer but they did not do too good.

Here's a secret place :eek: Don't tell anyone about it - Sandy Point State Park pier near the Marina. Bunker sized crabs. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sandcrab Thanks That sounds good to me

·
Registered
285 Posts
The choptank pier isn't to bad. How far are you willing to drive? There's a few small bridges on your way from cambridge to Taylors Island that are great for crabbing.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I crabbed on the small pier by the boat launch at SPSP, but only caught like 4.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
We have a couple of areas on the Naval Station in Annapolis that produce well..need a base decal and ID card to get on though..

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Lets see PAX Nas, Solomons are good but like they said earlier you need decal to get in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks sharkbite,HuskyMD,Sandcrab and FL FISHERMAN for all the info.
We are going to the Tank if anyone wants to go Friday night. :D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
The Choptank Pier can be very productive in late summer. Most of the regulars there use Foxy Mate traps. Starting in July you can probably get a couple of dozen if your willing to spent the whole day there. I'd rather buy my crabs and spend the time fishing. :D

Catman. :)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Tony G,

I'll be there tonight too over on the Cambridge side. Look for an old buzzard with a Pier and Surf hat and a surf cart. Stop over and say Hello. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sandcrab Good Deal i'll see you there, Ill be pulling A Red Ryder Wagon.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Zak,

Have never fished there. Lots of better places accross the street at the Naval Station and near the golf course. If you need a list of spots, drop me an email and I'll hook you up. Two areas on the Naval Station to launch your boat for free! And some special secret spots too...

Tony,

See you there.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sandcrab,

Don't tell nobody but axon and I fished over the bridge on the boardwalk that everyone runs around and did well with blues, croaker, and spot one time last year. I don't believe we were supposed to be there but we weren't getting anything on the other side on the pier and were just scoping the place out. You have got some funny Navy folk over there. We saw at least 10 people running that track after 12pm :eek: You won't see very many Army folk doing that! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts