Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
you only need a crabbing lis. if you are using more than 10 traps or more than a 500 ft trot line per boat or person, but to be safe the lis is only 2.00$ if you have a bay spot already

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah it has something to do with the moon. When crabbing look for the doubles( hard blue crab on top of the peeler) They are really slow and easy to catch. We were getting them at the narrows so soft this past week you could squeeze em just a little bit and they would fall apart. They are GREAT to eat and even better BAIT.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THanks for the replies. I am only going to use two hand nets at the most. I will call DNR to be sure. Thanks again.

·
Registered
720 Posts
When is crabbing conditions consider good? I always thought it was late summer after the waters had a chance to warm up. I might be heading to Narrows to do some fishing and might as well scoop some crabs for bait/dinner. Didn't bring a net last time :( but crabbing can be just as fun as fishing sometimes :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That is definitely true. I like walking around scooping them up more than using traps. If you crab down there they are on the pylons at low tide. They are some bigguns too. It might be easier to have sandals on so you can get a little advantage on em.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts