Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to take the kids crabbing. Staying at NMB, South Ocean Blvd. Where to go for decent crabbing? Pier, Marsh, Walkway? Just want to do a day with the Grandkids, other than the beach? Locations? New to crabbing. Equipment suggestions and where to buy? Suggestions please. Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I live here at the South End near Murrells so here is what I can help with:

There is a fishing bridge on the main road in to Garden City. Most people park at the restaurant on the other side of the street and walk over. You can use dilly nets from the bridge. There is also a little stairway that takes you down to the marsh if you want to use string and a piece of chicken, then net them up.

Another place I like to go is the Veterans Pier at the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet. Same kind of set up as the Garden City bridge, use dilly nets with a piece of chicken zip tied to the bottom of the basket.

Walmart sells the crab nets, Johnny's by the swing bridge in NMB should have them too. There is a seafood store in Cherry Grove called Platt's, I think they have them too.

If you plan on keeping them to steam, they must be 5 inches from point to point.

Good luck,

Matthew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to take the kids crabbing. Staying at NMB, South Ocean Blvd. Where to go for decent crabbing? Pier, Marsh, Walkway? Just want to do a day with the Grandkids, other than the beach? Locations? New to crabbing. Equipment suggestions and where to buy? Suggestions please. Thanks!
If you are in NMB, go to the Cherry Grove boat ramp off of 52nd or 53rd ave, sorry, cant remember which.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts