Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay Guys,
Just getting things settled from IZZY and haven't been watching the site. [Heck, I couldn't ... no power!!!]
Is willoughby [sp] open for fishing? I did see that the pier was open.
Whats happening at the Lesner Bridge?

Hay GRAPHEX DUDE, I saw your 'pics' of the Lynnhaven pier. GREAT work!!! I do believe that they are making a bad mistake by raising the price. They should lower it and get more people. Greedy never works and I'm sure they had some kind of insurance to help defray the costs of repair.

Hay, I have an Idea? [my wife would be shocked :D ] Why don't we all get together, pitch in a coupl'a grand each and build our own pier. I'm sure all us pier & surfer'ers are wealthy ... RIIIGHT??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Fished the Lesner last night 9:30 till 11:30. Caught small schoolie stripers and one 16" pup. Think I'll be out there again tomorrow night. See ya..:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
;) Advisor. Wealthy? Not me, but it would be neat if Pierandsurf.com could some how manage to rake in a bunch of money and Sandflea could build the P&S pier. HAHAH....that would be so cool.

If I ever win the lottery I will keep it in mind.

Welcome back.

P.S. - So far the insurance will not cover the price of rebuilding the pier.

·
Registered
634 Posts
advisor..i talked to the lady that owns/runs lynnhaven pier last week...she said that she only had liability insurance on the pier because no insurance company would cover it fully for natural disasters...she said that at one time she had full coverage through Lloyds of london..but was way to expensive to keep it up.....so it ended up getting dropped.....she said that she will be rebuilding it and adding a diamond on the end..and the increase in price is to cover it...

willoughby is open for fishing..pier and surf areas..

poleant..i fished the duck inn side and ramp sunday night...i got skunked....my friend managed a 15" flounder on cut bait and a huge stargazer on a 4" storm lure lol....the current was really strong..incoming and outgoing..stripers were busting in the middle out of reach of surfcasting...i might go back out there again wednesday night..which side do you fish?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK you guys won't help build a pier, I guess I'll haf'ta do it myself :D ! Where do ya want it and how long. Lets build an imaginary pier and I'll work on getting the funds together ... may take a while.
How about buying the Lesner bridge and put a pier out from cach side? We could have NO FEE on the pier and charge a toll for the bridge and for each boat that comes through [except P&Sers]. May make a few people irritated; but, what the heck ...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Beachcaster- We were usin cut and whole mullet on our 10' and 12' rods. The pup was caught also with mullet near the shore. Kajun- I have been on the ramp side, fishin the bay side with the big rods. I think the duck side is better for lures and a smaller rod. That's just my take on it after the numerous nights on both sides. I bring my 8' for tossing lures on the duck side and both on the ramp side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts