Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just surfing on YouTube and ran across this video that was pretty awesome. 25 minutes of handing out huge stringers of fish and many too large for a stringer on one trip. Fun to watch! It is a North Myrtle Beach party boat. I never dreamed a trip could be so successful. Think you'll enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOv2OyWDy9A

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have any of you ever been on a party boat that caught this many fish? I went on the sea bass 5 hour trip in September and caught 10 sea bass and saw a shark caught a couple of feet long. Some of you have said the sea bass trip is just a tourist trap. I actually called today and asked about the trip on Youtube. They said it was not an unusual catch. This was the 13 hour trip from 7 to 8 that cost a $100. From all the stringers handed out, it looked like all were in on the action. There were some huge fish caught also. Would any of you recommend a trip like this?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
in SoCal yes, MB......still hesitant.
Have a group of friends and want a fun trip? sure

I have heard that sea bass trip for half a day are not worth it as well.

A lot of the bigger fish in the video were amberjack- related to the pacific yellowtail but nowhere close in food value

Fish Fish Fishing Recreation Fisherman

that a limit of yellowtail around Christmas
8 hour trip- granted that it was about $140- I was on vacation.... right now it is limits of 15-30 pound YF tuna on every trip for that price. Unfortunately, this is not SoCal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, bluefish! Nice catch in the photo. RJ, I know I have read posts about you going out on a party boat. If I remember, you were one who agreed that the sea bass trip was not worth it. I believe you take the longer trips. Would like any comments you might have. Thanks. For a tourist like me, it was still pretty nice going out onto the ocean for a 3 hour boat ride and two hours of fishing for $35 even if I was only catching under the size limit sea bass. It was better than I was doing in the surf! :fishing:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went out of Murrells Inlet last April with the Crazy Sister Marina on an 11-hr trip. It was worth the $100 to me. I myself wouldn't take the half day trips. Had a good number of fish caught on the trip. Snapper, trigger fish, amber jack, king fish, grunts, ringtail, sharks, and a good number of grouper(which sucked because they had to be thrown back since grouper season doesn't open til May.

Fish Fish Seafood Fish products Tilapia
Grilling Fish Cuisine Fish Barbecue
Fish Fish

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have any of you ever been on a party boat that caught this many fish? I went on the sea bass 5 hour trip in September and caught 10 sea bass and saw a shark caught a couple of feet long. Some of you have said the sea bass trip is just a tourist trap. I actually called today and asked about the trip on Youtube. They said it was not an unusual catch. This was the 13 hour trip from 7 to 8 that cost a $100. From all the stringers handed out, it looked like all were in on the action. There were some huge fish caught also. Would any of you recommend a trip like this?
Have been on plenty of trips like that back when you could keep fish (larger limits). I think that trip shown was an overnight trip which gives you two days of limits. Not sure that a day trip is really worth it anymore considering the five beeliner and five black bass limit. If you can catch a mess of trigger fish it certainly helps.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went out of Murrells Inlet last April with the Crazy Sister Marina on an 11-hr trip. It was worth the $100 to me. I myself wouldn't take the half day trips. Had a good number of fish caught on the trip. Snapper, trigger fish, amber jack, king fish, grunts, ringtail, sharks, and a good number of grouper(which sucked because they had to be thrown back since grouper season doesn't open til May.

View attachment 16736 View attachment 16737 View attachment 16738
Really nice catch, mt. Thanks for the pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts