Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, I'm headed down for 10 days this coming Sunday. (DEPENDING on if my 168 pound great dane doesn't go gremlin mode and they call me to come pick him asap) bringing Pops along with me and I'm staying in kill devil hills and will be throwing lines right at kitty hawk bay from the house dock but will surf fish a few days around the area. We want to take a whole day and surf fish on a drive on beach. Should we drive north in corolla corava area or south to Hatteras or even Ocracoke? Got one heaver for up to 8oz and then a some wash and just past poles. What are you thoughts of where to set up shop for 12 to 15 hours?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I would put a magnetic GPS unit on Savfish's truck and then park next to him later that night in the Dark.

First I would drop by Oregon Inlet in the afternoon and tell a Certain Captain that Nick asked me to pick up some bait for him and Savfish.

If that did not work out I would call Big Dave and park next to him.

If Big Dave was unavailable I would get up with the Redheaded Guy and net some Cob's at a Secret Spot in a Secret area of the OBX.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would put a magnetic GPS unit on Savfish's truck and then park next to him later that night in the Dark.

First I would drop by Oregon Inlet in the afternoon and tell a Certain Captain that Nick asked me to pick up some bait for him and Savfish.

If that did not work out I would call Big Dave and park next to him.

If Big Dave was unavailable I would get up with the Redheaded Guy and net some Cob's at a Secret Spot in a Secret area of the OBX.
If you put a tracker on Savfish's truck you will have to go about 13 hours south.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Driving on the beach is limited until October.. but still fun.
A local guy... Capt Marty does a fishing report almost every day... approx 7:20 am and 8:20am
on Beach 104.5 FM WCXL
you can get archived reports on this link (podcast)

and a two hour show on Saturdays from about 6:30am - 8:30 am on WCMS 94.5
that is lots of fun to listen as local tackle shops call in and reports are given.
Unfortunately they stopped archiving the Saturdays show so you have to catch Saturdays show live.

In the surf they have been getting a lot of Spanish Mackerel especially down at Ocracoke.
So probably a good chance down at the point in Hatteras... maybe off some of the beaches a little north.
Blues also... using 2oz metal lures .
Still some specks and a few drum... there are lots of places you can wade on the sound side from the south side of
Oregon Inlet down to Hatteras.

Don't forget the "new" Bonner Bridge Pier which on the south side of Oregon Inlet offers a great free spot to
fish and wade.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
All this talk about heading south to Hatteras, which I might add is always a good choice especially for the unexpected. Good call on hitting Oregon Inlet for ”secret bait” (if ya know, ya know). Still, if you’re in Kitty Hawk and have the appetite for driving the beach, Carova in mid September holds some surprises. Make sure and bring your light rod to catch some spot and sea mullet to use for bait.

Reactions: vbjeeper
1 - 14 of 14 Posts