Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making my third trip this year to OBX. First trip we fished Hatteras beaches around ramp 27. Got some pups but no trophies. Second trip we fished the same area and OBX pier. Met some really good guys on the pier but still no fish. Both of those were short weekend trips. This time we are going for the whole week but staying in Corolla. My question is, should I even waste time fishing in Corolla or are the fish further south now? While I was fishing Hatteras guys were smacking them in Nags Head. I am trying to avoid missing the target again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My son and I are really hoping to get on a few big drum and have that photo for the collection.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am making my third trip this year to OBX. First trip we fished Hatteras beaches around ramp 27. Got some pups but no trophies. Second trip we fished the same area and OBX pier. Met some really good guys on the pier but still no fish. Both of those were short weekend trips. This time we are going for the whole week but staying in Corolla. My question is, should I even waste time fishing in Corolla or are the fish further south now? While I was fishing Hatteras guys were smacking them in Nags Head. I am trying to avoid missing the target again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My son and I are really hoping to get on a few big drum and have that photo for the collection.
I was in corova and fished hard all week. Only managed to land 2 drum. Had a lot
So we were in corova for all last week. We spent most of the time surf fishing. One day we went out to outer banks pier and tried off the end. No big drum but managed a few in the surf at 29” or so. One of the fish was tagged so even though I didn’t get a monster I did get a t shirt. All in all a great trip with my brother and son.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts