Pier and Surf Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
barty b uses what i do...as for rounded corners, you can get poly sheets and curl them around the corners...the blue ice works better than ice as it doesn't put chlorine in the water...i really don't save that much bait anymore...too easy to get it as i need it...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Poly sheets now that I think I might do do the cooler. Where does one get those, and how does one attach them to the inside? Apoxy? With all this advice I am going ot have a nice little cooler livewell ;)

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
I think if someone

can just make a thread on how to make a livewell that would be the easy way to go. It will knock out all the stuff we don't need. So who is up for it......we would need pictures, we can alway get them from other sites;) they shouldnt mind......Anyway this thread needs to be redone......:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
should be able to get poly at HomeDepot/Lowes...get the 1/8" or thicker and it will stay in olace without glue...also makes it easier to clean when you can take them out...

·
Registered
192 Posts
The whole reason for a bubbler is to cause the water to circulate from the bottom up. The O2/CO2 exchange happens at the water's surface.
Then what's the reason for a bubbler? If I catch finger mullet and put them in a bucket of water with no bubbler, the fish are dead in ten minutes. With a bubbler, they're good for hours. Commercial catfish ponds use large aerators to get oxygen into the water and their surface area-to-depth ratio is much great than a baitwell with possibly less fish per volume of water possibly as well.

I think the purpose of a bubbler is increase the surface area of the air-water interface. Bubbling from the bottom gives it more time for the oxygen to diffuse into the water.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts