Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blues and bass have left Ct. and R.I. No herring or gannets this year. Was wondering if the blues and bass arrived in NJ yet? We haven't seen bunker in years only peanut bunker.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FISHING

YES THE BASS AND BLUES ARE STILL BITING .WENT FISHING THANKSGIVING DAY 2 30INCH BLUES 1 KEEPER STRIPER. HAD A LOT OF SHORTS.

·
Registered
578 Posts
John , we are still seeing Blues in Jersey . Island Beach had a huge blitz on Thanksgiving of mid size bass and huge Blues . The adult bunker are in South Jersey but much peanut spread along the entire coast. With the banning of out of state reduction bunker boats ,Jersey has now seen the bunker bounce back and I suspect it lead to the best bass fishing in the spring that the state has seen in decades.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Conn hope our bunker increases next year. Have not seen schools of big bunker for years in the northeast.

·
Registered
578 Posts
John , I should clarify , the adult bunker are now located off south Jersey but they have been all over the north and into the raritan bay from the spring onwards.
Don't understand why you don't see the adult bunker in your neck of the woods , if you are getting peanuts now then the adults have had to laid eggs there in the spring . We saw our adult bunker migrate thru the northern section of Jersey
around May and they should continue up thru the East (Harlem) River and hit Conn. I would think by June .They should be very close to the herring migration time wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts