Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, let me tell ya first hand, Tommy, Wormy and the General throw a hell of a tourney....Been to all 3 of em.....but looks like I am conceding this year...which I know a lot of yall are happy than a 'peeg in poop' ( those not in the know...I've been lucky to win 3 customs 3 years in a row)..not to mention calling out my name twice and taking the 1st custom away from Teo's brother. When the rules state that weigh-in is at 7:00am ...ya gotta be present when the door prizes are awarded, no exceptions......
The WRI tourney is one of the better organized and fun-est tourney I have participated in.

As the hard economic times and the gas prices has hit the island...those same hard times has hit me, not to mention all the $ put into OUR re-model....Those in this years tourney...good luck.. the water temps look a little cooler and all them NE's......should have carved up Pea Islands. I betcha the money and prizes will be spread out this year!

Here's to next year and my return to the WRI + Fish Milita Striper Tourney.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Sorry to hear that Al.

Shoot the way you were raking in rods, and even got in on the fish last year- I figure you probably come out ahead on the funds side of things. :)

Hopefully things will turn around and you can make it- should be another good one !

:fishing:

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Folks, let me tell ya first hand, Tommy, Wormy and the General throw a hell of a tourney....Been to all 3 of em.....but looks like I am conceding this year...which I know a lot of yall are happy than a 'peeg in poop' ( those not in the know...I've been lucky to win 3 customs 3 years in a row)..not to mention calling out my name twice and taking the 1st custom away from Teo's brother. When the rules state that weigh-in is at 7:00am ...ya gotta be present when the door prizes are awarded, no exceptions......
The WRI tourney is one of the better organized and fun-est tourney I have participated in.

As the hard economic times and the gas prices has hit the island...those same hard times has hit me, not to mention all the $ put into OUR re-model....Those in this years tourney...good luck.. the water temps look a little cooler and all them NE's......should have carved up Pea Islands. I betcha the money and prizes will be spread out this year!

Well, I will be sitting at home myself Al, so don't feel alone.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Hope things work out for ya.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
its gonna be quiet, at least one more custom to go around and the island won't be out of Budlight for the weekend. I think I might go ahead and have to sign up for the tourney.

al i hope all is ok man. gimme a shout later

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
al i hope all is ok man. gimme a shout later
All is good ....it just one of those situations : The ' I wants' that out-weigh the ' I needs'. I want to fish the Tourney...but the wife needs me to stay at home...... We got family coming into town and yall know....the wife can't cook.

Good luck to all and if Bill Sales has the photo of that striper from last year, please someone in the 757 pick it up for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Seems Al's better half put a foot down.

Again.

Now he's blamin' high gas prices. :rolleyes:

Oh, well. One less sumbeech on the beach ... . :D

I guess I'll have to find someone else to toss Yo-Zuris at this year.

Dude, I can loan ya a few dollars if it will help.

It just won't be the same without watchin' yer monkey try to fish.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Al might be telling yall he isn't comming because of the wife and family but I know the real reason,,, it's because I wouldn't let him use my bathroom in the camper again *because of the toxic waste he left in there one year :--|* and I told him this year when we saw him walking across the parking lot we were going to grab him and duck tape his hine parts in the dumpster till the give aways were over with :eek:

Were gonna miss ya this year ya little turd along with a few others but with enough bait and burbon we will try and make it threw. :beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts