Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is checking out Coastal Carolina college and I was wondering if it was worth it to bring my fishing rods. Is anything around in the creeks or surf? Wouldn't mind catching anything. Are even the dreaded pinfish around or would I be wasting shrimp? Size doesn't matter, just want to fish. Thanks for any info.:fishing:

·
Registered
879 Posts
This doesn't directly answer your question but if you can get a chance, get on YouTube and search for Jigging Jerry. He promotes the Mt. Pleasant Pier.... it is on the Cooper River in the Charleston harbor and runs under the Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge. The pier’s foundation was created from pared-down pilings from the old Silas N. Pearman Bridge.

His YouTube channel is up to date with lots of winter action of speckled trout and sheepshead.

I imagine all rivers close to the coast would have similar results that he has.

Have fun.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Even though I'm not in town at the moment, I understand that seatrout and tautog are hanging around the South Jetty, with some blues off the ocean side, as well as the usual assortment of panfish. You might stop by the Murrells Inlet Outpost to talk to the guys there about what's happening in the area.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course, it's pouring down rain once I get here. Raining so bad there's not even any strippers on the T. Lol. Still eats being at home.:fishing::beer:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Today is supposed to be nice. My wife and I are down for her SC Teacher of the Year banquet that was last night and the Aaron Lewis concert tonight. We are going to hit either the garden city beach or the groins at Pawley's Islands at sunrise.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you do any good, let me know. Lots of birds on the water, but no fish activity. Beautiful day. Sure beats working.:fishing: my daughter loved Coastal Carolina, looks like we'll be moving down before the fall. Then I'll be a local and be able to make fun of stupid tourists. Lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We ended up with 3 NICE black drum. The south side of Pawley's Island in the inlet. Saw a big pod of dolphins and a ton of birds in the ocean but ZERO bites whatsoever. Headed out to Garden City beach from the beach house at this very moment.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's where I wanted to go. In the creek leading to the ocean. Some fish are better than none, and it was a beautiful day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts