Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jamcaster and I were going to CBBT yesterday. Lucky for us, Salty and Shoreline suggested that we go to the Pkwy. Also got to meet Digger. Guys, I really appreciated you taking your time to show us MD guys around, we had a BLAST!!!

I ended up with 27 Croakers while JamCaster filled up his little cooler.

I also released around 3 10''-12'' ones, and a 21'' striper. When the sun was started to set, I could'nt pull and re-hook my 2 rods fast enough.

Anyway, could'nt have done it without the courtesy of Salty and Shoreline. I look forward to hook up with ya soon!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great to see you guys had some luck! It was good to see the weather clear up and ya'll catch some fish. Anytime you guys want to come down just give me a call.The work is cleaning all those fish. :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can say that again. I had 35 to clean last weekend. I gave up at 29 and decided the rest could be used as cut bait. It sure was good eating though.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoreline, yup. You got that right. How did you do last night? You should have had chow with us at Mama Mia, they gave us the size portion that could feed the whole army.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Tunafish & Jamcaster
I've been lurking around this board for a while without any posts because I really don't get down to do saltwater fishing as much as I would like to but have used the knowledge of this board for the times I have been able to and I thank everyone for that. I'm pretty sure I met ya'll on the parkway Sat. I was the one that caught the big striper right after I got there and gave you the croaker. Hope to run into you again in the future. Never tried the parkway before but after only the 1 hr and 15 min ride home It sure won't be the last. Good fishing everybody.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm just glad ya'll made it down. Sorry I had to bail on ya'll and [email protected]&k, but at least we got you guys on some fish. Hope you guys can make it down again some time in the near future.

Tight lines and blue skies,

Salty

·
Registered
185 Posts
Shoreline & Salty,
Thanks for putting us onto some great fishing. Definitely worth the trip down there and we will definitely do it again. Digger and Cookieman, it was a pleasure meeting both of you. Digger, thank you for sharing your knowledge about fishing the area with lures. We had a really great time. If you are ever up in Maryland, let us know and we will try to put you into equally good conditions. I know where I will be catching croaker next April 5th. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
WHERE WERE YOU GUYS FISHING ON THE PARKWAY. I'M FAMILIAR WITH THE PARKWAY NEAR WILLIAM AND MARY. BUT I ASSUME YOU WERE FURTHER DOWN THAN THAT.
SMOKIE

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CookieMan,
Can't believe I forgot to mention that monster you caught. I'm not used to seeing stripers that big. But man, I can only fantasize catching something like that. It was nice meeting you and thanks for sharing your fish with me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tunafish,
That striper was the second biggest fish I had ever caught. It sure hurt to have to let him go. but he will only get bigger for someone else to catch. Let me know when ya'll will make the trip again, maybe it will work out that i can join ya and help fill the cooler again Take care

·
Registered
363 Posts
CookieMan, I see your from Chesterfield. So am I, have you ever fished the river down in Colonial Heights for them Stripers? I have been catching a few untill the water came back up in the last couple of days. The shad are still hot and heavy, atleast it,s something to do till the water gets back down to a fishable level.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Seeker,
Have never been striper fishing down that way. Only striper fishing I have done was from a boat in the bay. Where do you go in Col. Hgts? Have been shad fishing in Petersburg in years past Lots of fun w/ light tackle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts