Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Indian Field at about 6:30 till 11:30. Must have about 40-45 croaker in the cooler. It was a very nice night despite the weather report. The law man was out there checking fishing licenses.

"Take nothing but fish and memories. Leave nothing behind."

Thank God I Fish.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
PD you have to have a Va saltwater fishing license.If you fish the parkway you will be checked. I have fished 4 times and except for th 30 min trip I was checked everytime.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yea and if you dont have one and get checked expect to pay @ 97 dollars,

G

·
every time i go down there i get checked a couple of times got ticketed ignorance is blind but your money is still green REAL CLICKER

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He sure was. He first sat in a parking spot and checked everyone out. Then he checked each person for a fishing license.

Thank God I Fish.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's a good thing. To many times last year I saw lots of undersize fish being kept and they probably didn't have a license either. Sometimes I wish I was the warden so I could bring the hammer down on those guys. :eek:

G

·
YEA Theres a real good reason for our fine people of the law and its also our responsibility to do the wright thing so if your up to date with everything there should be no worries ive actually watched them with binnoculars peering out for people in there cars off the banks rael clicker :confused:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm glad you told me. I fished there last week without a salt license. I think it's stupid that the James is considered freshwater from the 17 bridge west, and the york isn't. What is that all about? That doesnt look like saltwater to me.

G

·
i beieve freh to salt line is at the west poit boat landing and i also know that ive actually caught bigger crokers on the fresh water side plus a varriety of fish REAL CLICKER

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Fishwagon,th James River switches from salt to fresh at a imaginary line between college creek and Hog Island futher up river. Real Clicker has it nailed on th York. Th James river is a bigger river an has more frsh water flowing hence th futher down th salt/fresh line. As far as catching salt water fish in fresh water on a dry summer like we just had they were catching croaker an even 1 flounder all th way up here on th Chic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
last year was weird, i live on the tidal appamatox river very close to where it feeds the james river and last summer due to the lack of rain the water was very brackish as far up as hopewell. ive been here for years and last year i caught 2 flounder in my cast net while catchin shad for bait, maybe 6 or 7 inches, but it was still weird huh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts