• No

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you change your Fishing Line for colder temps ?

What brands do you like or do you change the test that you are using ?

Not a real big deal here but just curious.

·
Registered
680 Posts
it don't matter up here. our fish pull out in the cold days and head for warmer places. they are on many occasions smarter than us. have a good winter and send them back to us early.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
For the most part if I like the line it will work well in the winter. I tend to try new lines during the winter though(I'm bored). I have tried some well recomended line that I was not happy with(Yorzuri), that I thought would be good during warm weather. I like Sufix for Mono and Fireline for braid, I'm fishing both now(air 30's and water in the 40's last evening) plus Berkley Iron Silk(jury is still out, but temps are no problem).

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Changing lines...

Two Summers ago I was using YoZuir Hybrid. Good, strong, tough line but stiff as heck and it didn't help in the casting department. Then I switched over to Trilene Inshore...Great stuff! It worked like a charm fishing IRI in the Winter when I had ice on my guides! It still stayed soft and supple. It is my line of choice (until I get the urge to try something else).

Don't know how my Stealth will work this Winter at IRI but intend to give it a shot. ;)

Try one you like and learn it's capabilities. Some are soft, some are tough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts