Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catchin any cobia i know they are out there because i saw one a few weeks ago at Seagull and we were having hits from what im sure were cobia (confirmed by a local that fishes there all the time) and i read some other things about cobia being in the area but why isnt anyone catchin them its like there playin with us . Cant nobody i know get them to eat the bait and get the hook in there mouth. I think im gonna try some live eels on a fish finder. This is very frustrating.
Patrick

·
Registered
48 Posts
I heard,...

While I was fishing at Little Island (shore) yesterday that there was a guy out somewhere around the hampton roads area that caught a cobia by tail hooking about 2-3" spot with a 2' leader and a 2oz weight and letting them swim out as far as possible and hit I think he said a 40 pounder.:jawdrop: which lended me the idea to atleast try it, although it seems too cold for them, I still figured what the heck.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Cobia can be frustrating. They have very hard mouths so many times the hook just does not stick. Most people hit them to early.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cobia were hot about a month ago at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. They generally migrate to the middle Bay this time of the year and would be harder to catch in the Va. Beach Area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts