Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catchin any cobia i know they are out there because i saw one a few weeks ago at Seagull and we were having hits from what im sure were cobia (confirmed by a local that fishes there all the time) and i read some other things about cobia being in the area but why isnt anyone catchin them its like there playin with us . Cant nobody i know get them to eat the bait and get the hook in there mouth. I think im gonna try some live eels on a fish finder. This is very frustrating.
Patrick

·
Registered
48 Posts
I heard,...

While I was fishing at Little Island (shore) yesterday that there was a guy out somewhere around the hampton roads area that caught a cobia by tail hooking about 2-3" spot with a 2' leader and a 2oz weight and letting them swim out as far as possible and hit I think he said a 40 pounder.:jawdrop: which lended me the idea to atleast try it, although it seems too cold for them, I still figured what the heck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.