Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I live in the upstate, was wondering if my 17ft sea nymph w/ 50hp would work in the bay areas like to get in on the cobia action.
I usually fish the surf or the piers, would like to try something different . :fishing:
you would be fine on a calm day! other wise that's perfect for the inlet!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah just want to to the bay stuff . Wife wants to catch some specks. After she got some red drum, shes got big fish fever. Want to try the inlets and get her on the trout.
And maybe just past the breakers...MAYBE....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You ain't lived untill your buddy gaffs a cobia and tosses it right in the bottom of the boat :eek: right after it destroyed the tackle box, the two 5 gal buckets, knocked over the bait cooler all the while he is yelling for me to hit it in the head with my 5 lb maul :rolleyes: Now I aint as dumb as I look,,, I am standing way back waiting for this tornado hiding in a fish suit to calm way down before I get anywhere near this leg breaking monster :p I finally get a rag over it's head and sweet and lovingly apply pressure with said 5 lb maul to the top of his nogan :D (yes that means I bashed his skull) after I sweetly render the cobia into a more passive mood I look at my buddy and inform him if he ever gaffs a semi green cobia and tosses it into the boat before I bash the fish in the head I will apply the 5 lb maul to his skull :mad:

A shark will only bite you a cobia will beat you to death

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds as much fun as trying to get a 30is inch striper into the net while holding the rod i ur other hand.... But from the clips Ive seen the cobia wins every time..

·
Registered
3 Posts
What kind of water conditions should i be looking for if i want to target these beasts in the surf, piers, and jetties? i.e. water temps, tides, color

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I am somehow able to land one of these guys what would be the best way to clean it, should it be fileted or cut into steaks? And is there any best way to cook it or just anyway I want?

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
If I am somehow able to land one of these guys what would be the best way to clean it, should it be fileted or cut into steaks? And is there any best way to cook it or just anyway I want?
Whichever you want. It would be a sin to bread and fry all of it though.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts