Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some ideas on a PIER rod/reel combo for site casting.

Suggested by friends: Penn Battle II combo 7'

HEAVER SUGGESTIONS: Daiwa Seagate 30 and an Ocean Master 12' rod

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Jollymon, it is. They have a black one and a blue one, black has hardloys and blue has wire frames with alconite tip. I have both, black has killed many a fish light lining off the boat, blue rod is one of my snobble rods. Snobbled my first king with it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Jollymon, it is. They have a black one and a blue one, black has hardloys and blue has wire frames with alconite tip. I have both, black has killed many a fish light lining off the boat, blue rod is one of my snobble rods. Snobbled my first king with it.
I thought so , My Father in-law lives close to Half Hitch and I always have to stop in , I picked up one of there Pier Deluxe on my last trip but now with the current state of things due to the "Chinese Virus " we have not had the opportunity to give it a work out . Really like the rod and I talked to them on the phone about getting a second one but they won't ship a rod over 7 ft. at 8 ft + they quoted the shipping at 150.00 from there carriers so I'll wait till I visit again .

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
They've been catching some kings, when they changed the shipping rules it killed rods and blanks for alot of people. I snagged a 1089 blank and a pier deluxe in the month before it went into affect. The guides on mine cracked at the solder joint, easy fix or just put new guides on, but I throw 25lb mono with it so I keep on rolling it like it is. Butt was short for my taste, I moved the seat up but not everyone has orangutan arms like me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts