Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the trip to SPSP twice in the last week to fish for stripers and croakers. Is that the closest place for me to go?
I drive from Ellicott City.

Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
you can fish by the Key Bridge at FT Armstead park or at FT Smallwood park also. they are catching croakers at both locations

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
SharkHunter- did you catch anything while you were there. I fished there about two weeks ago and that was my first time doing so.I'v always gone to PLO because I had a friend that worked there some time ago and he turned me on to the park back in the early 70's since than he's past away.You can try Fort Smallwood,it's about the same distance as SPSP.But If you want to venture out try the Choptank(Tank)in the middle summer/fall,but you will need a pier net to bring up your catch(it's about 15'to 20' off the water).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trigger...I caught croaker both times I went to SPSP. It seems slack or low tide is best, judging from my experience and the advice from Mcrea.
What/where is PLO?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sharkhunter....PLO= Point Look out it is in extreme southern md about 2 1/2 hour drive..I agree with gwaud give fort smallwood a try it is at the end of fort smallwood road in pasadena :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts