Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, all NC beaches are closed and that means piers are closed too. Does anyone know of a pier that is still open to the public? I'd be open to traveling to Virginia or South Carolina too if there are piers open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As far as I know, all NC beaches are closed and that means piers are closed too. Does anyone know of a pier that is still open to the public? I'd be open to traveling to Virginia or South Carolina too if there are piers open.
Why are the beeches closed? Does our genius Governor think we will get this virus from the fish or salt water? Good luck on your re--election "gov"!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Johnnie Mercers pier at Wrightsville still looks to be open

·
Registered
13 Posts
Virginia specifically allows fishing from beaches provided you follow social distancing.
From Executive order 55:
"
Closure of all public beaches as defined in § 10.1-705 of the Code of
Virginia for all activity, except exercising and fishing. Social distancing
requirements must be followed."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oak Island beaches and it’s piers are closed, per the council / mayor decision.....

Caswell Beach is open, but they shut down parking lots...

Southport “beach areas” (around Yacht Basin) are open and people have been fishing there.

City/public launch ramps closed, so now the state Wildlife ramp on Fish Factory Road (still open), is busier.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Virginia Beach Fishing Pier is open

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good News! Piers are going to be reopening all over the state in the next 2 weeks. Surf City this Friday the 8th, and Bogue Inlet on the 15th just to give an update on two of my favorites.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts