Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ward Trotter...

When the time comes to get the NC beaches back...when we have tried everything else...when it is time for one last stand...I will be in the group that bum-rushes the point. I will not use violence, but I am willing to risk being arrested. Ten of us out there isn't worth it. Over a thousand of us would be a good start.

FU Auto-bann... We shouldn't have to think about Civil Disobedience...but I will be one in the group.

My name is Ward Trotter

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
As much as I can understand the frustration and the less than fair tactics employed by the enviros, this is just a dumb idea. You will stand tall before Judge Boyle, who will likely throw the book at you, and you will make our side look really bad and in the end, hurt our side more than help.

Flame away, but that's my .02

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I agree with you Terry. We cross over and get arrested and 1000 meters ain't gonna be nothing compared to total closure. Trespassing in a State or National Park is bad news and I feel for sure Boyle will throw everyone in the klink.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basstardo

I agree with you...Judge Boyle will throw the book (no likely about it.)

It will make our side look ignorant, lawless and will only justify Auto-Bann.

When we have nothing left, it won't matter how we look. When all is gone forever, what is the next step? I don't think it is time....yet. I HOPE IT NEVER COMES TO IT.

In the end it will look bad-yes. I'm talking after the end.

PS Please do not call my ideas dumb.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts

When we have nothing left, it won't matter how we look. When all is gone forever, what is the next step? I don't think it is time....yet. I HOPE IT NEVER COMES TO IT.

The idea isn't a dumb one,just premature... jmo.. We should take a wait and see approach to the regs that nps is to propose after Boyle's consent decree is finished... Then peaceful protest,that hopefully will get the attention of the press.. If they make our lead illegal to use,as well as take our access,it appears to as though these groups a vendetta against fishermen and hunters,not a longing to protect wildlife or the resource...........

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

Ward I certainly meant no insult to you. :redface: Shoulda have chosen my words a bit more carefully I reckon. I would just hate to see someone go down that path and ruin what little bit of chance we have. Now if they kill our access and we have no further chance, well, I reckon I'll be there with you.

·
3,775 Posts
Man Ward....You come on here just to rant? You could have told us how good the drum fishing has been on those Cheese Puffs again. When we going fisahing? Kyle is here right now wanting to go. Oh yea, check this months issue of the NC Sportswad...My mug made it into the color photos...I dunno where they got the pic but I think it was from the stock pond we feeshed last fall with all the bros.

·
Banned
946 Posts
As much as I can understand the frustration and the less than fair tactics employed by the enviros, this is just a dumb idea. You will stand tall before Judge Boyle, who will likely throw the book at you, and you will make our side look really bad and in the end, hurt our side more than help.

Flame away, but that's my .02
But that's the way out. It gives us an opportunity to appeal the consent degree to a higher court not run by the dishonorable assphat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
beachcaster, if it comes to it, I'm with you. This will need to be well planned and BIG. Big enough to get the nation looking at it and the plight the wackos are putting locals in. We would need to ensure our message is well defined to not turn public opinion against us. Properly expressed we would garner the support of most Americans. Polititions listen when numbers speak. The current administration banned the sell of used military brass this week (back door gun control) and the gun folks put together a email/phone campaign and it was reversed.
May be a direction we need to look at. If we take another blow, let's look at orginizing an email bombardment of our politicians where each of us recruits for several weeks before THE day. It too must be organized and it must be BIG. I can spread the message through the gun forums. (A group sympathetic to our fight and organized)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
But that's the way out. It gives us an opportunity to appeal the consent degree to a higher court not run by the dishonorable assphat.
The consent decree will be in a mute point in a couple years. It's not the consent decree I'm worried about. It's the final plan the NPS puts forth. If we go causing a nightmare for Mike Murray, I'm sure his upper echelon is going to hear about it. I take Mike Murray with a grain of salt without a doubt, but he's also someone who's Wheaties we don't need to be taking a whiz in. At least not at the moment.

·
Banned
946 Posts
The consent decree will be in a mute point in a couple years. It's not the consent decree I'm worried about. It's the final plan the NPS puts forth. If we go causing a nightmare for Mike Murray, I'm sure his upper echelon is going to hear about it. I take Mike Murray with a grain of salt without a doubt, but he's also someone who's Wheaties we don't need to be taking a whiz in. At least not at the moment.
I see your point, but he strikes me as a weasel. He doesn't have a good track record with these things, just look what he did to Cape Cod! I'm not too worried with ticking him off if it means getting this pseudo-science discredited in front of an honest court.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a lot to cover here

1 Steve, I hope you stand with me (especially if I am standing next to a grill with chops on it!) Tell your crew I said hey.

2 DD I agree...premature. Consent decree and final outcome needs to run its course.

3 Terry, no harm at all...You are right that the action I have described will ruin any chance we have (especially if premature) Now is not the time and Mike doesn't need this action right now or in the near future...Hope we do get to stand next to each other one day while wetting a line, and not getting hauled off.

4 Skunk king, I dream of our side being heard by a court that is fair.

5 Carbine, everything you say I agree with...Big and Organized is key...good point. e-mail bombardment (though attempted in past) is a good weapon we should still use.

6 Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...where do I start? Cheese puffs will get you hooked up every time but the Sun Drop chum slick (grind the puffs in) is how I get the big daddy. Do I come on here just to rant? Yea, I aint good at fishing but I know how to rant...I also like to window shop here. When shall we fish??? man it has been too long? Feels like only yesterday it was ticas, proguides, and stradics. Pops says hey, and tell Kyle I hope he is well...Man I remember that hook in his foot...He is a fisherman no doubt. Your pic is nice but I also like the Mahi pic on the top of the page!!!

Yall have a nice night...thanks for giving this thread consideration...AND NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I suggest supporting legislation for a fishing bill of rights. Also, be very organised and find economic allies. The vendors you spend money with will make good allies. The economy is terrrible, and restrictions on fishing may well put more people out of business. Money talks very loudly. Also, ask for reciprocal action. If you can't go there, ask that they don't go there, either. For example, if fishing is said to disturb birds and turtles, then it's reasonable to think that bird watching and beach walking does as well. It's funny how people want to do something they don't want you to be able to do. I'm personally not in love with vehicles on beaches, but it is traditional on the OB. I would support a reasonable restriction on the number of vehicles permitted on the beaches at any one time, if it started to look like the cars on Daytona Beach.

I am in love with recreational fishing in saltwater, and oppose undue restrictions on such fishing. When industrial fishing is destroying our oceans, it's absurd to waste time restricting sport fishing, which is the least efficient way of harvesting fish ever devised. I believe if there's a good reason not to fish on the beaches, then people shouldn't walk or bathe there, either. Elite 'naturalists' and 'scientists' shouldn't go where ordinary people can't go. Legislators tend to ignore individuals, and listen to organizations. The question is likely to be ultimately decided not on its merits, but on how much economic and legislative pressure is applied. Please forgive me for preaching to the choir. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.