Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite what the governor says city of Hampton's beaches are closed to all activities other than walking or running. That includes fishing. Was run off from the salt ponds this morning by a police officer. Funny thing is the beach is closed but there's 3 lifeguards there tossing a football around..... tax dollars well spent.

Other note. There's more people on the James river pier than I've seen on 15 years. Apparently there's been a bit of a black drum bite there... personally not trying to get in on it because it doesn't look too socially distant out there...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phil, I can't count the number of people I've seen in the past few weeks out fishing with the tags still on the combo. And today, think buckroe piers when cobia season starts, the parking lot was overflowing at james river pier.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Fished First Landing today and just a few people were fishing. Others were just sitting around and eventually told to start moving by the park rangers. Apparently people have been on the beach with fishing poles but not really fishing. Anyway caught several small spot on fast acting bloodworm Fishbites. One skate was caught on cut spot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Think this all has more to do with political power than anything else. Remember to vote out these gangsters in November!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts