Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liam and I went fishing this weekend and here is how we did:

Saturday:
Arrived at CHP at 6:30 am and took the end of the t section, Cape side to ourselves..there was hardly anyone there at that hour..caught 1 ling...3 blues..1 14" croaker...and so many skates that I had to put two new fish finder rigs on throughout the day..due to the little buggers chafing the leaders..it was very slow..the stripers were not around we tryed hard..probably lost $10 worth of jig heads and plastics in the pilings..I threw gotchas, bucktails..mirro lures..rattle traps..nada..packed it in around 4pm and headed to my mother in laws for dinner and some cold brews..checked out Jaws on Bravo after dinner..Liam crashed..I went to Massey's landing ...was working bass assasins and bucktails on the IRB side of the pier..nada..still a lot of shiners in the water...called it a day at 10pm.:)

Sunday:
Fished the Faithful Steward crossing at the Del State Park..close to the Old CG..nothing..tried cut spot..chunked butterfish..chunked mullet..cut ling..cut croaker..cut blue..nada..I didn't even see anyone else catching either....I talked to two guys at the air station..nothing either...it was a beauty of a day..had great company..water still warm ..no waders necessary..steady 3ft breakers..tide coming in all day..I didn't see any bait in the wash either..we packed it in about 4pm..as Liam said to me " well Dad at least we caught something this weekend":)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Murphman,

I didn't see anything better than that this weekend. Fished Masseys Sat morn, couldn't pay for a bite. Gave up gook the boat up to IRI (along with half the boats in the water), caught the slack tide and fished the incomming for about 3 hours. Didn't see a fish come in, made many drifts from above the CG station to the end of Burtons. Gave that up, went down into the bay and tried some spots that did produce earlier in the year, had one on that was spooling a bit, by the time I picked the rod up it was gone. Went back to Masseys Sat eve with freash green crabs and sand fleas - on the outgoing tide and still nothing. There were four or five others trying and they didn't seem to do any better.

Beautiful day for fishing, just a rotten one for catching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts