Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yes sir, the rocks definitely go through that area during the fall. You can catch them off of cut spot and also livelining the spot. Livelining will usually get you the bigger ones. Trout normally are already there by now and are running good into the fall run. I am not sure the trout will even show up in good numbers this year but will definitely be worth the trip for them stripers. Last year I went numerous times and never left without at least one nice striper. Most of the time Axon and I limited out.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I have always had better luck on the cambridge side. (side closer to ocean city) It is much shorter than the other too. Half way down to the end is the better areas to fish. (Both sides of pier depending on tides) In the beginning is good for spot and mostly rays.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your feedback, when do you think the striper will move in, and how do you get them from the water up on the pier?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Ha that is the tricky part! I don't know! No they should be moving in within the next month in numbers. I have caught and seen stripers caught throughout the summer. Getting them on the pier is a little crazy. I would say you are 20 or so ft above the water. If you have a pier net bring it, if not hand line it but you are taking chances. A lot of times people around have nets and will be glad to help you. Just yell for some help when you have a big one. Me, I have a 8ft ugly stick heavy action boat rod with shimano baitrunner and 80lb spiderwire on it. :eek: I haven't had a problem hoisting them badboys over yet and don't think I ever will!:D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Let me put in my 2cents,I'v fished both sides and true the cambridge side is alot shorter but also you might get there and there's alot of people on that one side,so if you should decied to hit the Talbot side go to light post 41 thru 35 and fish under the bridge in front of you between the pilings,use a fish finder rig and live line a spot or white perch. I'v used a hi/low rig and baited the lower hook with cut spot or perch and have caught alot of rock that way the upper hook you bait with bloods to find out what they like. A pier net is a must for bigger rock but the ones that are 18 to 25" you can tire them out and then hand line them up like FLF said. I like hitting the Tank just before day break on a work day usually in the middle of the week,that's when I have my best day.:jawdrop: TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well....neither sides porta potties are very clean but at least they are there. If you are smart you will bring your own tp. Rowdy people tend to urinate on the rolls in there when they get drunk.:mad:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
DaRealpk...Listen to what Jake, Trigger and FF are telling you and you to will put some quality fish in the cooler.

FL FISHERMAN...Thought you were going to say we were going to clean the porta potties on the next clean up.:barf: Man you must have tough hands to hand-over-hand 80# spider wire.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Catman that is a contract thing. But by all means you can have at it!;) My hands aren't that tough. With that heavy pole I just lob them bad boys over onto the pier. :D Of course if someone has a net I let em get it with that.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm with FLF... I have the same 8 foot ugly with 80# on a Okuma bait runner setup just for live lining at the tank. cant wait to use it this fall

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey axon I have been getting use with both yours and mine. Don't get mad just keepin it in working condition for you buddy!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Yo catman! Some real nasty types are scheeming against you on the tog thread....

Yo Jason! Isn't that the same set-up you wanted to sell to me on the Chessie Charter for $100.00?

Yo Axon! Where's my Korean bride? Have you found anyplace to fish over there? There's a rumor going around that the North has weapons of mass destruction... Keep safe (and wear a "raincoat"!)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey catman it's not that he has tough hands,it's all those callouses he has on both hands and it's not from working in the yard.Ha Ha FLF have a nice day TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Ha Ha! I may not have a girlfriend trigger but I still have girl-friends, with benefits!:D :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts