Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I hope I find the Weakies(SeaTrout)down there like they were last year,but if not I think a big Striper will be there.Is anybody heading down there I might give the spot a try.I was doing real good along the coast,but the fishing finally died on me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
A couple more weeks and we should see striper starting to show up in bigger numbers. Hopefully the trout will show their face than too. Can't wait.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Another lousy report:p ;I came to the Tank 6pm yesterday and fished till 2am this mourning.I caught 4 Spots and 1 Catfish that swallowed a 5" live Spot:jawdrop: .When that weather gets cooler they could be a Trout;but Big Striper fishing will be out of this world.I also met Flounda and his wife.I saw some big Croakers caught too by others on the pier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Last sunday I was there from 7:00 PM to 2:00 AM.
I caught 16 Cats and 2 perches and nothing. Most of cats were 20+" and cut spot was the bait. Perches are small and bite only shrimp. One of live perch was torn down at right behind of hook.
I should put stinger hook there. So, I guess there is nice blue but not many. My friend there ( he is kind like "curious george" person) taste the water and told me that it is not salty.
I think the water salinity is pretty low in this year.

Good Fishing

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Going Sat morn

but may just go to SPSP since seems early for Choptank pilgrimage.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I should be at SPSP too...

Husky,

Was going to hit the Tank but stuff around the house came up. I'll be fishing lures on the jetties at SPSP looking for rogue stripers and blues early Saturday morning (Before the sunrise).

Gotta get the cobwebs out of the new Tica and Nautil! :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Nothing going on yet

I went to the Tank yesterday and I caught 2 dozen 6" White Perch and 10 5-7" Spots on Bloodworms.I tried liveling small Perch and Spots but no Stripers.I fished from 2pm -9pm.The only real action was the guys next to me catching some big Catfish.No legal Stripers or Trout were caught yesterday:eek: .:cool:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Did anyone see any alewives, bunker, menhaden, or whatever you want to call it down there? I remember at the clean-up I saw one school of them.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

With all the rain we've had, and all the rain that's scheduled, salinity levels may be a big problem at the 'tank this year -- especially when targeting trout and blues. Last year (during the drought), the bluefishing was unbelievable. The year before (with normal rainfall), the trout fishing was excellent. The stripers don't care, and the little blues and trout often invade water that is pretty fresh. But I want those drag screamers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts