Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about heading out to the tank on saturday morning, can any one tell me the best times to fish it and what to expect?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Make sure you check tides and try to hit it on the tide change. The high tide change is usually the best. Get ready for a good 1 to 2 hr croaker bite if you hit the tide change right. You might even get some stripers, blues and maybe even some trout too. Bring bloodworms/shrimp/squid/peelers as prime bait. Try to get a spot or two and liveline em for striper or large trout. Oh and be ready for some fun with the cownose rays during the day:D Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, is there any place to get bait near the bridge, and how long do you think it will take to get there from silver spring?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Where at in Silver Spring do you live? I stay off of georgia ave at the glen haven housing area. It should take you 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to get there. Anglers is before the bridge but I don't recommend going there. There is a baitshop not even a mile past the choptank bridge. It is called tommy's tackle. It is on the left hand side after you cross the bridge. Just look for a red colored banner around a small building and he is the last shop in the back. He's open 6 am - 8 pm except on Sunday 6 am - 10 am and 12:30pm - 4:00 pm
and Wed 6 am - 6 pm

Give him a call (410) 228-3658

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live where georgia and conn cross, and thank again for the info I am going to try to be at the tank around 7:30 or so, I just looked at a tide chart and if high tide is at 10:30 it should be moving early and late.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Good luck to you!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts