Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to break down and fish the tank for the first time this year and w/o my partner (who is in korea). I know trigger and catman have been talking about going. I know the weather is going to be crappy so am willing to fish rain or shine. That is unless it is coming down like all hell. Any one going? Will be bringing axon's son and neighbors son to help me wheel all stuff down pier. I plan on bringing 15 poles so will use an array of bait. bloodies, squid, cut bait and hopefully will catch a couple spot or perch to liveline. So if anybody wants to go let me know will meet ya there.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Jason,
was that a typo or are you really going to bring 15 poles? What are you taking all of your poles and Axon's too?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup no typo bringing all 15 poles. I own 6 of those and axon has to own at least 15 by himself. I know with all the rain the salinity of the water is high. I figure I will throw as many poles out as I can with everything and the kitchen sink. :eek: I am choosing choptank b/c it is so brackish that maybe the fish won't mind the high salinity as of lately. And maybe with the rainy day shouldn't be that busy and should have plenty of space to chunk em all out. :D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
that should be fun. What a dilemna, if you catch a lot, you'll never be able to keep them all baited. But, you certainly want to catch fish.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean worse comes to worse I should do ok with catfish out there! :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that would be the ultimate scenario not keeping them baited fast enough. We'll see you never know. I have to work on Sunday and Monday so I have to get out and do some fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Jason...I was planning on sitting out the bad weather this weekend and pour lead but if you're going to the Tank Saturday I'll fish with you if it's not raining cats and dogs. What is your time frame for Saturday?

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well was thinking of hours between 2pm till 12 midnight or some where there after depends on bite. Like I said I have to work on sun and mon for memorial day service for the president at Arlington so I need some sleep. ;)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Works for me. Check these tides:
High - 12:08 PM Saturday
Low - 6:52 PM Saturday
High - 12:43 AM Sunday

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those work for me :D Looks like the tide gods might be good to us. Hopefully the weather gods and fish gods will do the same ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even better take a picture of all 15 poles bending at one time :eek: If I space em out every other pylon I might be able to take up 1/2 of the cambridge side ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remember I am taking two teenagers with me. Don't get me wrong I am a young 25 yr old but I bet they will be able to handle 5 poles a piece no problem.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I wonder what max number of poles people ever had on a pier? It would be funny to see people's reaction if I went to Metapeake and had 10 poles setup for myself. It could be like candid camera joke or something...

I bet I would get beat up if it was north beach pier. :)

I'm catching up to you guys in poles and rods, I have 6 setup for pier and surf... :D Two more and I can fill all the pole holders for Fish-N-Mate senior cart!

My wife thinks two is one too many... :) I should of bought all my fishing gear before I got married... :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I guess it depends on where you go. I would think the same thing if you went to matapeke and nb with 10 poles. But choptank you can get away with it. It is a almost a mile long with decent fishing on both sides. So it just depends on situation and place. And yeah you probably should have gotten poles before you got married ;) :p

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1) To use more than three (3) rods (except for ice fishing) or more than two (2) hooks per line. Yeah I heard about that rule but I don't think it is strictly enforced. I mean if the pier is packed you won't see me out there with that many poles but the likely hood of that happening is small. I could always just round up two more neighborhood kids and drag em along. ;)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
unless the lure or rig comes manufactured with more than two hooks?
Three trebled lures, sabiki rigs?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I think a lot of us break one of these rules most of the time. I think DNR is more worried about licenses and measurements than these rules. Although it is good to know them just in case. Thanks Joey. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
FL,

Your right, it's not strictly enforced. The times I've seen DNR enforce the rule, they told the perp to pull the extra lines out of the water.

Husky,

Lures with three hooks provided by the manufacturer is considered legal.

Sabiki rigs aren't legal in MD, although Bass Pro sells them. You have multiple hooks tied to a line, as opposed to multiple hooks attached to a plug body.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts