Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd open up a new thread about the clean-up. Reddog just posted a site by DNR listing the reopening of parks. Choptank River Pier is listed as open for "day use". I called DNR and they said exactly that, at sunset the pier is officially closed and rangers are supposed to enforce that. Has anyone been there for night fishing or an overnighter. Would this have any bearing on the clean-up. Just something to think about.

Fish-on

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I will keep everyone posted on this tomorrow when I call the ranger station there at the choptank pier. We'll see what we can do. Remember the P&S crew already has a good reputation with them so let me handle it and see what I can do.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Of course I am only going to see what the deal is for the choptank cleanup on saturday. I don't think I have enough pull to have it reopened the rest of the year.:rolleyes: Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey FL FISHERMAN,

If the will cut a deal with us you need to tell them we will provide them with a P&S clean-up name list. If we don't every Tom, Dick & Harry on the pier will be telling them they are with our group when they find out we can stay, and they will.

Also that means that anyone who plans to attend the clean-up will have to put their names on a list with the group. If you plan to come to the clean-up post it on the clean-up thread so FL F can add your name to the list.

We do have a good rep with the CT DNR and I would hate to blow it because we don't have something as simple as a P&S members name list.....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah will probably need that. Hopefully they will work with us. Would be nice to have the whole pier to ourselves:D At least we know it would stay clean for at least 1 night:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Manayunk Jake = Joseph M Fellman (or Harry S Truman, if my meds wear off!) Besides, I'll be wearing my P&S hat...

I usually don't fish seriously until sunset -- so I hope this is a temporary thing.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I fish the Choptank at night all the time;used to do overnighters there all the time.You dont have to pay fees neither eventhough there is talk about it.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah there is a drop box for a $1 charge on it to enter park. Problem is people were breaking into box and stealing the money. It is not enforced anymore because they are understaffed at the ranger station there and would not be able to watch it 24/7.

·
Registered
115 Posts
do i need to bring anything food,drink,etc. being that if i can make it or not. i still won't be there until after 4:00.

i was able to find some shedder oil at the walmart in cambridge.that stuff really smells bad. i can only imagine if it soaks in chicken strips. they also had bunker oil too.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Don't waste your money on bunker oil,stick with shredder oil,it's all purpose oil. Alot of out there use it with squid strips for trout.:D :D TRIGGER

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bunker or Shedder

Trigger,
I just bought Bunker oil because I could not find shedder oil. Does it work as well as shedder?
- Surfman

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I couldn't tell you that,all I use is shredder oil and nothing else,there was a guy that had bought some shrimp oil awhile back and used it on chicken strips and didn't even get a nibble. Now if you like freash water try the bunker oil on cut bait for cats, now that works great. If you go to Anglers sports shop on Rt.50(right hand side) just before the Bay bridge,they have it,but wouldn't buy anything else from them just the oil,I'll tell you where I found it,go in the door past the main counter(straight ahead) 3 or 4 isles on the right,it'll be at the end on your right,small clear bottle about $6. TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Its open 24/7 now and has been this whole week. Positive Ranger told me on phone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts