Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my girlfriend went to choptank around 3:00pm on friday and we had a wild time. We started off with two small perch on bloodworms and then a 12 inch croaker hit my line. Things were starting off good. Then the wind picked up, then the rain. I couldn't believe what was going on. 30+ mph winds and heavy downpour for 30-45 minutes. We toughed it out, the only ones dumb enough to do it. After the rain stopped, the fish started hitting. Croakers for most of the night on a variety of baits. The fish came in waves and we ended up with around 30 or so. I tried using a live perch but to no avail. Not a single taker all night. I also tried cutting up a small croaker but no takers on that either. There were a decent amount of catfish around and ended up catching 4 with one throwback. All croakers except for one were 12-17 inches and were caught on either bloodworms, shrimp, and salted razor clams. Shrimp was working really good at first, then bloods and clams worked later on. I was fishing on the cambridge side at light pole #17. From what I saw, we were the high hook as most others didn't have the luck that we were having. I saw quite a few catfish caught by others, and heard of another couple with about 20 or so, but most people had around 3-6 croakers with a few taking the skunk. I also heard that some had a few crabs and actually saw one just before I was leaving. We left around 12:00am. All in all a good time and some nice fish to clean.
-Anthony

·
Registered
93 Posts
I read your message earlier but didn't reply because I was so envious of you and the results you had. I was at the Tank the same night at the same time, but didn't have the same results. I got a big ole skunk. I usually keep this to myself, but since you insisted there it is :) The next time I make the trip to the Tank I'm staying until I catch something. By the way I was on the side before you cross the bridge coming from Bay Bridge. I'm glad someone caught something though.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually fish the other side, cambridge side, because the walk to the deeper water is much shorter. Sorry to hear that you got the skunk. I may try to go again this friday but am not sure yet.
-Anthony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.