Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fishing Saturday night at Choptank, I noticed that most of the fisherpersons there did not take their trash with them when they left. They looked for other bags or trash on the pier and simply put their stuff with the garbage already left on the pier. Some people left their garbage in large black trash bags which attracted others to drop off their stuff too. Shame.

Upon leaving the pier is when I realized just how bad the place really was. Not only was there a dumpster load of garbage left on the pier but small white perch, eels, and toadfish too. Real shame they couldn't return these fish back to the water. Toadfish looked like they were tortured and killed.

Our cleanup comes at a good time.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You should of been there the nite I was there last year when a couple of youngens were catching horse shoe crabs and smashing them against the railings and just leaving them there,I said something to them but they just gave me a durty look,so when the warden came by I said something to him about it,with my luck they've already left. I'v seen people do the same thing about the trash just leave it or stuff it into other peoples bags that were left there,that pi$$e$ me off to no end,I'm glad we are doing the pier this weekend and the guy's who are taking the pictures should get a before & after picture of the pier. I know on the Cambridge side they have at least four people picking up trash on Sat. twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon,but haven't seen anyone on the Talbot side doing it.:mad: :mad: TRIGGER

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No game fish...

No weakies...no rock...no spot...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Eveywhare is dirty anymore;even IRI is loaded with garbage like soda bottles,beer cans,etc.It's a damn shame people can't atleast pick up after themselves:mad: :mad:.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yup very sad but that is why we are going to clean up choptank this saturday. Sounds like we need to have a IRI cleanup too huh?:D I am down as long as some of the vets are there to teach me how to fish that place. I have went 3 times and caught jack, 0, nada. I am sure Happy or Sandcrab would love to head that one up.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Drove by there today

an th Choptank side(I assume you mean Cambridge side) didn't look that bad but I was crusing by. I noticed what looked like shelters along th pier as well as port a johns. Is that so? If so no wonder yall like that spot, no long walks to th john. :D

BTW for future reference I noticed that its on a river an not th Bay, would my Va license work there as well as in th bay?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yes sir sure will. Includes tributaries. I use mine from Va everytime. Those are just some of the reasons people like choptank. I mean there is so much room! It is great. There is 2 portapotties on each side I believe. They aren't kept up very well but at least they are there. Now you know where it is next time you are around hope you can stop by and give it a try!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts