Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well decided to start a new thread. The other one was getting kind of BIG:D New P&S record in fact! For those just seeing this thread we will be having a Pier and Surf get together at the choptank river bridge(talbot side) on Aug 2nd at 4pm. We are going to cleanup that side of the bridge, have a frienly cookout and hopefully some good fishing. There is going to be door prizes after the cleanup. Everyone present for the cleanup will put name in a hat and we will draw 3 winners. Prizes are 2 free registration fees to the Point lookout fishing tournament. (see thread by aero993) and 1 free registration to the upcoming distance casting clinic in Deleware. Along with those there will be a pool on who gets the biggest fish and smallest fish. Cutoff time for weigh in of fish will be 1130 hrs so if anyone gets some striper and want to keep em they will have time to get them to their car. 5$ entry for that one. Also catman will be putting names in a hat to give away a nice pier cart. (See catmans thread) Should be some great fun so come out and join us. Here is the new list of definites:

Shaggy and Bob
Catman
Fl Fisherman
Naiad
Mastercaster and Ralph Jr.
Lenny
Sandcrab
Hat80
Hookem with Simeon and Chris
Longranger
SteveR
SteveR JR
Triggerfish
Surfman
Aero993
GreaseTea and Dorin
Flounda
Smack and Elliot
Fish Bait
Rugger
Anthony

Anyone wanting to come post your name on this thread and we will have a cool P&S nametag for you when you get there. Courtesy of Catman and Triggerfish. Catman be ready to bring more blank nametags than these on the list. I know of at least 5 people that will be there but never posted there names. And I expect a few from the distance casting forum to show since they are sponsoring some of the prizes. See everyone there!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
What about the food and

the things that we need? Are we going by the thread that catman started? Ifso thats fine just need to make sure....Tightlines

Trigger, you still getting the subs?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
FL FISHERMAN...I'll have at least 40 tags.

Hat80...I'll consolidate the food list from the other thread. Looks like all the bases are covered. Lots of goooood eats not to mention those fantastic cold cut subs that Trigger is bringing. Just as a reminder - everyone is responsible for their own drinks and NO GLASS.

Looks like everything has come together just fine. I feel confident that everyone is going to put fish in the cooler. There will be enough of us to help those that aren't as familar with Tank fishing. Man are we going to have a good time.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Got a commitment for banner, just hoping it comes through, if not may have to change my "adult beverage" of choice. This is going to be real interesting. :cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Guys, What I was thinking, we can contribute each one of us with a tackle to the top winner (i.e. got-cha plug, rapala, shad with jig, rigs, bucktails, etc ) like we were supposed to do it at SP last time, which got cancelled. What you guys think?

By the way my name is Oliver for the name tag.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Flounda, personally I just am beginning to use artificals in saltwater (fresh water, hula poppers and jointed jitterbugs), but if ya want, pick me up something that will work, not too expensive, and I'll reimberse you and throw it into the festivities pot.

Also, if I'm bringing three grills, one goes home with me, and the other two maybe a grill from the "tank".

Banner if happens goes to Fl, if we can get a September Cambridge side clean up goin else it's sand fleas (and I'd want a hat , :D and it would be good back-drop for pictures).

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Flounda...I think it's a good idea to throw in a lure for the winner. I've got a ton of them. Think I'll throw in a couple of nice jig heads and a pkg or two of BA's.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
In the rain?

you gonna fo it in the rain?
Still trying to talk my wife into letting me skip out early on my son's first birthday.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Sounds good,

I need to make room in the TB anyway. If I win the bigfish $$$ I'll get a 2nd box for the new tackle...:eek: Tightlines

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Husky,

Last time we fished you told me you wore the pants in the family. Whats up with that? Give you son a fishing trip for his b-day. He'll love it and all SWMBO will be able to do is say, ok honey it's your b-day

Just bustin your chops Husky, family first! But do come on out if you can it should be a goodtime.....Tightlines

·
Registered
164 Posts
Reading these posts every day is getting me more and more excited. Who cares if we catch fish, albeit it will be icing on the cake. It's going to be a pleasure meeting you all and fishing together. See you all very soon with an appetite for fish and friendship.:) :cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Since most of use don't know eachother by looks I'm driving a dark red Ford Expedation. I'll park to the right of the rangers station and I'll have an American flag flying from the top of a 15' surf rod. As you enter the parking lot look to the 10:00 o'clock position and you should see me. I'll be there by 3:00 PM. Don't forget to bring your rain gear.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I'll post the cook out menu with who is bring what when I get home from work around 5:00 PM.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fish-bait, glad you can join us. I added your name. The food is pretty much covered so bring anything you would like to throw on the grill. Husky the forecast for sat is possible tstorms. In fact it has been the same for the latter half of this week. Here at belvoir it has just rained for about an hour and then quit late afternoon. If that holds true I see no reason to cancel or postpone the event. A little rain don't hurt:D Trust me I have been out on the choptank in much worse weather. Ask Axon.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and hookem that sounds like a good idea but i would not want to make everyone put a lure in if they didn't want to. Should be out of the kindness of your heart.:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah he is definitely far away. He actually has his kids and wife visiting him for the next 3 weeks. That has got to be great and he plans on coming back for mid tour in the middle of Oct so we plan on fishing as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Rain or Shine - I'll be there

I'll have my surf cart and my Pier and Surf hat and T-Shirt. Looks like a good time for all.

Got plenty of lures and will put together a set for the fishing pool winner.

The fishing pool - What fish are not allowed? Rays? Eels? Catfish?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rules on pool

Here they are:

1. Only true gamefish will be allowed to be weighed in for pool. This includes catfish, striper, croaker, trout, drum(red or black), bluefish, and flounder.
2. This excludes rays, skates, spot, perch, allewives, toadfish, eels, crabs and horseshoe crabs.
3. The official weigh in will be at 1130 so if anyone gets a striper they will be able to get it to their car before midnight.
4 If anyone is doing catch and release and wants their fished to be weighed in before they release it, need to get with Catman or I(should be right next to each other fishing) and have it weighed and have it logged in the book. Good luck to everyone coming!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts