Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a few punk stripers and blues. A few catfish were caught too.

Highlight of the evening was hearing that clicker scream...

Now those other, harder-working guys caught...

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Ha!:D You may have got Fish-on and Happy but you didn't get me!:cool: I think that was the only clicking we heard all night because the livelining didn't produce nothing. Still too warm, going to have to wait for the cooler weather to set in and try again.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always good to get out and fish though

Jason,

Had a good time with everyone. Hope we get a good turnout at IRI. I plan on doing some inlet fishing in the early hours and then hitting the beach (3R's) for some relaxing.

Maybe we'll run into some red drum at 3R's! They' re catching them at AI! ;)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Some highlights of the clean-up:

* Jason running down from the corner every five minutes with the same snapping blue in his hand, trying to convince people they were catching fish every cast.

* Anthony and Jason disappearing for an hour, then coming back with a "keeper" striper (in a Kool's Ice plastic bag!)

* Clyde showing why the mayor wants that damn pier closed at night (he just kept going and going and going...)

* The Fantastic Flying Fish Show (don't ask!)

* The aromatic mixture of Clyde's cigar and Sandcrabs cat dip bait (and people complain about my Purdue Peelers and shedder squid!)

* Anthony foul hooks a striper -- and the striper returns the favor!

* Jason trying to find enough bait all night to keep his six poles in the water.

* Naida quietly trying to catch every white perch within a mile of the pier. A brave effort, but she was hopelessly outnumbered....

* Joe Mama not getting in the pool, and catching what would have been the winning bluefish (as predicted!)

* Anthony thinking he had the rock pool "in the bag" at 11:00 PM.

* Jason finally gets around to checking all of his rods at 11:15 PM, and finds not one, but TWO keepers on the one with the hi-lo rig, including the pool winner.

* Some of the "older" members of the group begin having flasbacks to the 70s and try to build a Harley out of spare coolers and pier carts.

** Manayunk Jake ** gets skunked for gamefish after hooking every white perch and toadie in Dorchester county -- twice!

It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and there were some moments that should have been filmed! Can't wait until the pictures start coming out so I can permanently attach names and faces (tough to do at my age!)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
At least I was one of the foronate Sea Trout catchers.I wanted to strech him so I can have fried Weakfish.I settle for Fried Perch and Blues.Only thing I caught later at night were 8-10" White Perch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts