Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did it go Anglers ? Who won the prizes and the Pier cart?
And who landed the biggest lunker? Give us the scoop.:D

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
To quote Shaggy "22 walked the walk." That's right, we had 22 show up for a fantastic afternoon and evening of comraderie (sp). The whole thing actually kicked off around 4:45 PM with everyone picking up trash along the 1 1/4 mile pier and by 6:00 PM Hookum had 4 grills smokin' with hamburgers, hotdogs and sausages. That man can really cook! With $95.00 in the pool everyone rigged and lines in the water. The bite was slow but consistant. Spot and white perch, oyster crackers seemed to be everywhere. Everyone caught fish. Simeon, Hookum's son, won the prize for the smallest fish with a rock that weighed in at 0.1 lbs. Some pretty decent catfish were caught buy FL FISHERMAN and Shaggy (5 lb. class) but the biggest game fish went to Anthony with a 22" rock caught while live lining a White perch. Besides the pool money Anthony walked away with a ton of lures and a tackle box to put them in. Shaggy walked away pushing his new pier cart and sporting a new P&S hat. The door prises went to Shaggy, Hat80, and PJ (Hookum's other son). Actually the first door prise pulled was FL FISHERMAN but since he pulled his own name he put it back in the hat. We ended our day around 11:00 PM with everyone making the long walk back back tired, happy, and the memories of new friendships.

Catman.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sounds like a great day, congrats to the winners, wish I could have attended. It is great to see people get together, have fun and still do something to help out there favorite fishing spot.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
This sounds like the start of something could grow. It's hearing about things like this that make me thing I like in the wrong place. It's always good hear hear about good thing I I'm everyone who was there will agree there were no loser.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
This was definitely a fun event. I got lucky throwing out a half dead white perch that was intended for a lunker catfish. I wasn't expecting any rockfish at all since the reports weren't too promising. Just right place and right time I guess. I ended up staying up the whole night because Hat80 convinced me to. He ended up pulling up a nice croaker and some catfish after everyone left. I think that master caster and his dad stayed as well. I believe they caught catfish as well. I ended up catching a ton of small perch, some small rockfish, some spot and some catfish, including a catfish that was all head and no body that Hat80 can attest to. I also saw some birds feeding on something and just before I was leaving had what I think was a bluefish bite and Hat said that he had something similar happen to him as well. The fishing was a little slow but the company couldn't be better. Hope to make this a regular thing.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
IRI cleanup next????

Next will probily clean up IRI;I hope I can make it next time you guys do this.It sounds like you guys did ok;its been a slow year any way.Too mutch freshwater going down or waterways.But it been good.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Kudos to the "little" man, Hookem's son, think we may have made him a fisherman for life. The little guy actually (as far as I know) caught the most fish to take hame, and $25 to boot (where did you all go to dinner Hookem?). Anthony, congrats man, pretty fish, figured with all of us out there we had to walk away with at least one "gamefish", and ya came through. Also, thanks for the help on the catfish.

As stated earlier, I don't think there are "losers" in something like this. Pleasure talking it up with Hat, the little guy ragging us "old" men (though Dad was too busy cooking to rig him up so I did, where's my cut?), the food, the "event" if I may say. Florida you did one heck of a job, and the 22 who walked the walk, thanks, It ain't all about fishing.

Naiad (did I finally get it right this time?), Catman as always the gentleman, sorry but do forget the guy's name, think it was Fishbait, but if wrong apologies, who came all of the way from Frederick, cleaned up, fished a bit (maybe an hour, but walked the walk), Summerplay, Longcaster, master caster and all. Aero .

Enough said.

Maybe we could get an Annual event going, and for the record, wy "Adult beverage" of choice is no longer Bud Light, and NO Hat, it's not going to be Jack Daniels either.

Long day yesterday short on sleep, going to grill some dinner and catch up on sleep.

Thanks to all, and mastercaster, I'll PM you about AI and when I'll start this September.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fine gentlemen

What a day and what a time. Thanks guys for making the time so enjoyable. Thanks FL for organizing it. It was indeed a pleasure meeting and fishing with all of you. I finally got to put the face with the screennames and can't wait 'til the pictures comes out. Fishbait, how about sending the pictures as an attachment so we can print them out and hang them?

Just finished eathing the fish we caught last night and the spots were delicious-best we ever had. The money Simeon won is going into his college fund. He won't see it until he is out of the house. Shaggy, you and Hat, Anthony and Bob were great. Simeon enjoyed his time with you. I hope he didn't get into your hair too much. At his age curiosity is such a prominent feature. Fishbait, thanks for the early worms so we could begin fishing.

Apart from the warning ticket I got on the way home, it was better than I had anticipated. My only regret, not being able to stay all night to get to know the rest of you guys. Naiad, thanks for the beens and pasta salad. Sorry, I forgot to put them out earlier. Catman, thanks for the name tags. I'm keeping mine for next time. So, when are we doing it again, and what's this about annual? I can't wait that long. How about sooner and perhaps, 2 or 3 times a year-my suggestion.:D :)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hookem, at my age, I'm happy to still have the hair to get into, but he wasn't a bother at all, more of a pleasure. Thanks for bringing him. Maybe twice a year, just woke up from my after dinner nap, and I'm still tired, so don't know if I could take it too much. Definately must get some "informals" going in the fall. AI is my place, but this group also has a special place, which I will always be able to juggle my schedule for.

Bunch of guys and girls, adults and kids that never really knew each other getting together for a common cause, and food, friendship and fishing. This day and age, hard to say three "decent" "F" words together.

I will remember this get together for quite some time (or at least till the next one), but the first is always special. Glad dinner was good, and I guess since Simeon caught most of the fish he still "sprung" for dinner.

·
Registered
164 Posts
3F's it is.

Well said Saggy. How about the rest of you guys? Mouth watering, well, join us next time and you will get a taste of what it was like. Looking forward to meeting those who couldn't or didn't make it. ;)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah Great time

I just want to say congratulations to everyone that was there. We did one hell of a job out there folks. We really impressed the DNR and put in a really good word for P&S Fisherman. For those people that didn't make it and got scared off by the weather I hope to see you next time when we do the other side. As you can see this was a great event. I want to thank the longdistance guys for springing in those door prizes. And also for Hat80 who graciously gave his door prize away to Naiad b/c of scheduling reasons. I think we had a great bunch out there and look forward to meeting you all again. Anthony congrats on the nice striper man. I definitely will be seeing you more again at the tank. Hookem thank you very much for taking the time to cook us up some delicious grub. Catman I appreciate the help with the nametags and the pool. Always can count on you! Hat it was a pleasure meeting you and Mastercaster (and Dad)(sorry about the confusion about smallest fish, I believe trigger started that) If that were the case the real littlest fish would have went to anthony too. He would have had a clean sweep! He caught a spot that was no more than MAYBE 2 in. and probably weighed .001 lbs! Congrats to Simeon for killing the jumbo spot and reeling in his 5 in striper for the smallest fish pool. That boy is gonna be a real good fisherman one day! Speaking of Triggerfish, glad to finally meet up with ya and thanks for the sub. It was great even without all that stuff you like on it. Lucky you didn't put no side bet on it b/c I would have taken it home! But you can bet I will see you in the fall during striper run and we''ll see who is the man then! Again great job everyone. Sorry posting late but spent all day at six flags with the woman. Had one heck of a time! Even with the rain. :D

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
unable to attend

I have to apologize for the group for not making the clean-up fling. We had a family emergency Friday afternoon and my son did not look well enough on Saturday to leave him. My wife insisted that I went because I made a commitment to the group but I stayed home. I would've not enjoyed the event as much knowing that I left my wife with a 3 month old and a sick child...sorry guys. In any event, I stayed home, watched "PhoneBooth" and ate the chips I brought of the event...the sodium content in me is through the roof. Please keep my name tag in safe spot and I'll promise to show for the next event. Congrats to all for making a difference and showing fellow fisherman/fisherwoman that people do care about keeping a fishing location clean. Definity wishing I was there!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations to everyone for a successful event. Fl Fisherman you did a great job organizing everything. It was good to meet everyone and put the names to the faces. Hat 80 thanks for passing along the casting lessons, I reallly appreciated it. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Group Photo,

Here is a group photo from the Tank clean up. We were spread out everywhere so it was hard to get all the folks in one shot. I hope I have all the names right. If I got you wrong please correct me and I'll fix it.

I'll post links to more photos later as I upload them, so check back later today...Hat80

From left to right,

PJ
FL Fisherman
Anthony
Jigmaker
Master Caster
Sandcrab
Catman
Fishbait
MC's dad Ralph
Shaggy
Rugger
Triggerfish
Hookum
Simeon

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hey Hat I think the one in the middle is Mastercasters dad not Longcaster?????

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.