Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well don't want to bump heads with Happy and the Oct 5th IRI cleanup but we are officially 2 weeks out from choptank cleanup. I am hoping to have same type of cleanup and results as last time. If many of the same people that were main contributors of the last one can make it,(Catman, Hookem, Longranger to name a few) we should be grilling some food and having fun. Anyone that went to the last one have any suggestions on how to better this one? We will be cleaning the Cambridge side and should meet up around 4. Catman how is the tide looking that day? Should also be better fishing as it will be the start of the fall striper run, so the fish pool should get very interesting.:D I went to that side yesterday and it was real nasty. So for those of you who were at the last one there should be a lot more cleaning to be done on this side. Best thing about is it is not nearly as long as the talbot side!! Come one Come all for some good ole fashioned cleaning, grilling and fishing!

Here is the List:

FL Fisherman:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bend the barb flush--most of them will shake themselves off the hook this way. Lose a few more fish, but kill alot less too.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey flistell I think you meant to post on the Blues thread huh?:jawdrop:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Tides for Saturday 9/13 at the Tank:

High 6:18 AM
Low 12:43 PM
High 6:54 PM

I'll supply the name tags and bring hot dogs, rolls, mustard, and catsup. I'll be off the computer until next Saturday - going on vacation and leaving my lap top home.:D

Catman.:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Is this date a definite???

My sons birthday is that day and my wife already said I have to be there. I want to do the cleanup also but the date is bad for me. Let me know something.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good Catman. MC The date is pretty definite unless everyone thinks it should be the 27th??? I was only thinking the 13th because if we did it the 27th that would only be 1 week before the IRI cleanup. Anyone else have a preference of date for the cleanup? I have no problem moving it to the 27th of Sep if most people would agree.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll be in Illinois for a wedding that day (9-13); oh well. See ya all at IRI!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Tank Cleanup

Got a couple of ideas on how to make the next Tank Cleanup easier and more fun:

1. Taking all our stuff to the end of the pier, then walking back collecting garbage, and then returning to our stuff, then walking back to our cars when we left took a lot out of people due to the heat and the long distances walked (1-1/4 times 4 trips= 5 Miles).

Recommendation: Have a couple of people grab our fishing/grilling stuff and bring it down while everyone else starts at the beginning of the pier collecting garbage. When we get to the end of the pier where our stuff is have the Ranger meet us there to pick up the garbage. This way we only make one trip down and one trip back - just like you would do if you were fishing the Tank normally.

2. Firm fishing size rules - The first couple of fish were judged by length but the rules changed halfway in the middle of the fishing tournament to judging by weight.

Recommendation: Firm rules regarding size and/or weight. It can be only one or another. Additionally, as the Summer season comes to a close, a lot more game fish will become available. I would like to see the contest for gamefish only - Striped Bass, Bluefish, and Trout. Maybe all the other non-gamefish could be in a contest of their own.

Sandcrab

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sandcrab don't be mad cause your 8 inch perch didn't win the smallest fish.:p Yeah I was thinking about the walking up and back a few times. I think we can handle that. The rules were kind of just thrown together because I thought it would be just a friendly thing between us all. But I forgot how fisherman can be when it comes to winning money for the biggest fish.:eek: Those are easy fixes. Rules will be stated more clearly this time. Promise. And I agree that it should only be gamefish in the pool. If you look back though gamefish were the winners of the last pool too. Anthony-3 lb striper, Simeon-.1 lb striper. Still up in the air on the date. Need more people to let me know and to say whether they can make it or not so I can make the list.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm OK for for the 13 or 27 of Sept.
I have a huge wagon the I picked up from Costco that I can bring to hall stuff down the pier.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well looks like we can move it to the 27th. If a couple more people chime in than that is what we will go with.

List:

FL Fisherman
Catman
Sandcrab
Longranger
Fish Bait
Joe Mama
Manayunk Jake

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hookem

Are you working the grills again? You think you can have the flames jumping 10 feet?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds good Joe Mama. As soon as we get close we will be putting together the food list and what we will need to bring for the cleanup.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
darn... i got a wedding that saturday.... you guys have fun... it be cool if we had a big banner that advertised P&S...

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey everybody the date is still up in the air! We can have it on the 13th or the 27th. It is looking more like the 27th because already 4 people say they can't make the 13th. I know we can't accomodate everyone on the date but don't want it scheduled when only a few people can attend. Put your .02 in on the date and we will set it in stone. Times a ticking!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts