Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Choptank last night from 10:30 to 3:30. It was a great night to fish not too cool, the moon was full, and the water was calm. I used spot as bait and had 8 blues for the night. there was a lot of surface activity so i wish i had a plug or something for the top water along. No mater what it was still i nice night to get away from the inlaw house while on a visit.

Gillmen

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was on the Cambridge side, near the end of the pier, from 3:00 until 8:00 P.M. on Sat. with a novice fishing buddy. Beautiful weather. I wanted to stay for night fishing but we had been ggetting skunked so I couldn't talk her into it. In five hours, for two people, we caught one perch, one toadfish, one spot, and one (14 inch) bluefish. We used mostly cut spot but also squid, bw, clams. Bummer. No one else on the pier seemed to be catching anything.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
as the temps drop the rock should be more cooperative. Watch fishing after midnight especially if you have a rock in the cooler..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the blues were all 12 to 16. i had a few spot too and those were on earthworms. i had the trout worm kind and i think the true nightcrawlers worked better the last time i was down there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts