Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, but I've been following this site for months and I've learned a few things from some of you. Heading to Rodanthe in late July (i know its going to be hot i normally go the end to June) staying at the KOA. I usually fish right there in the surf or drive down to Salvo. I was wondering if I went to the sound across from the campground could it be worth my time? I know it's shallow out there but never gave it try.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes...there are fish in those backwaters. There is a dredge slough in Avon which might be the closest. Follow the ORV trails to the sound and just try them out. Finn-s lures (pinks, reds, dark greens) on light jigheads work well throughout the area.

For more info...check these sites out, they're mostly about flyfishing, but there is plenty of info...see the articles, about wading.

SEFLY

Outerbanks Fly Fishing

·
Registered
823 Posts
its not chomping at the bit, its called salt water DT's. going thru em myself...........:) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.