Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Chixs last night just after dark for a little striper C & R and ran into schoolie blues 8-12 inch. They were thick, a lot were snagged in the back they were so plentiful. No striper luck tho.:fishing:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I went to Chixs last night just after dark for a little striper C & R and ran into schoolie blues 8-12 inch. They were thick, a lot were snagged in the back they were so plentiful. No striper luck tho.:fishing:
Thanks! Might have to hit it up wind permitting tonight! Them are some good bait fish for the future! What were you using to snag 'em? Thanks for the report!

Skunk

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I was there but was having dinner at Alexanders OTB...certainly not worth the $$$$.........I should have brought my stik...thx for the report...the R

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started with the red/white mirolure and the blues kept bumping and biting at it till I snagged one. I switched to a 1/20z small silver hopkins. They moved in so close I didnt actually have to wade out. I was on the bay side of the bridge. Went to the norfolk side and could see em swimming in the water from the bridge light. I had got there about 630pm and the blues were waiting for me, it got less frequent after 8 but you could see them farther out but they came back again.
Hey skunk can you get the light bulb replaced at the first light over the water that burned out two months ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think what you are catching are menhaden. There are a ton of them out there right now. Still a bit too cold for blues to be moving in, especially the small ones. Probably be another month before they start moving up the bay. Forrest

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know what, you may be right about that. They had the tail similar to a blue but they were more dark colored plus they had a dot up by the gillls. I really only paid attention to the tail. Thanx for info. I prolly should have kept them now for later. I get menhadden with my cast net but they are little guys compared to these.That must be why I was faked out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you are not sure if you have a blue fish or not, just stick your little pinky in its mouth. If when you pull it out, you still have a pinky then it is not a blue fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.