Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe a bottom dwellers slam.

Fished Chix at the CBBT from 630-830 with NE winds, choppy conditions and a strong incoming tide - looked like good fishing conditions.

Fishing was slow the first hour then the bite started.
2 Roundhead, 6 Croakers, 2 small sharks, 1 undersized flounder, and to round out the slam, a skate. Croakers and roundheads were between 12"-14" and the flounder was barely 12". Sharks and roundhead hit finger mullet and the rest were on squid.

Also had one big run that had my clicker screaming but bit thru my 50# leader when I put the pressure on. Maybe a big blue or shark.

Nice evening of fishing, sure beats staying at home cutting the grass. Also met another P&S'er out there too. Shoot me an email Bassn when you want to hit the water.

·
Registered
337 Posts
CH&G,
Nice to see that things really picked up there. You had some big hits in the couple of minutes I was there. You did a lot better than me(nothing again).

Anyway, it was nice to meet you and look forward to fishing with you sometime. Who knows, you may get round two with whatever broke you off on that big run.

todd

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
sharks ay... maybe I should reconsider swimming out so far around there

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
chest2head-coulda been a citation blue crab on crack.......:D
Lost 2 Hurricanes monday evening @ my end of Chixs.1 towards the rocks-wasn't hung-had some tension and pull to it and the 2nd 20 feet from in front of me.
Mighta been a huge blue swallowing my jig.Cut my 20 lbs power pro.Think next time I will add 80 lbs test as a leader.
Did see a ton of small crabs...soo-Mighta been a blue crab on crack.....:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts