Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sandcrab,

I was down there 5/2/09 looking for flounder and caught all the 18.5" flounder you could want in the bay and sound by boat, and saw a few caught from the pier at Memorial Park, all TPs though.

From the looks of the reports from Jimmy at Steve's B&T I think the surf has picked up also! Might be worth the drive..

Peace
GB

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
is there surf access from Chincoteague. may take a ride this weekend and do some scouting..

·
Registered
51 Posts
check out captain steve's website or captain bob's website both are the premier info for chincoteague , the past few weeks has been good with a few days being awesome, when the weather cooperates especially surf side for, rock,drum ,on peeler,clam , fishfinder, the spring run is off and is coming on right now and on the bayside some good flounder fishing, is also happening , keeper ratio is tight with the new 19 regs tough but theyre there now , its been a better start of previous years in quite a while for flatties ,if you consider a bay charter look up capt. mac mcdowell he is very reasonable half and full day bay charters and puts you on the fish ,good luck and take the drive , just wish i could take that drive more often ,its like 6 hours for me
fm

·
Registered
270 Posts
Was at Wachapreague this past wknd and slayed the flounder. Caught at least 200 between three of us over two days. Most were just shy of the minimum. We did manage 18 +19" fish with one over 25".
Surf side at Chincoteague, fishingirlpa and I stopped by on the way home for an hour at AI. She landed her first surf striper that went 38" and 10mins later I nailed a nice 36" striper. Check out our pics on Capt. Steve's.

Plenty of fish in the bays and surf to be caught.

DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA

·
Registered
427 Posts
Was at Wachapreague this past wknd and slayed the flounder. Caught at least 200 between three of us over two days. Most were just shy of the minimum. We did manage 18 +19" fish with one over 25".
Surf side at Chincoteague, fishingirlpa and I stopped by on the way home for an hour at AI. She landed her first surf striper that went 38" and 10mins later I nailed a nice 36" striper. Check out our pics on Capt. Steve's.

Plenty of fish in the bays and surf to be caught.

DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
Congrats!! I'm leaving in a short be there bright in early in the am!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.