Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I will be visiting Chicoteague for the 1st time at the end of June. Any tips and pointers for Stripers, Blues, or anything else that is biting?

I have fished the OSV side of Assateague National Seashores for the last 10 plus years and have had good luck using Bunker chunks for Blues, small sharks, stripers and skate. Bloodworms (real and fishbite) for Pomp, kingfish, croaker and Spot. I typically fish oceanside vs bay and have a series of lures that I've used on the Rt 50 bridge for Blues and Stripers.

Does the OSV of Chicoteague get packed early? Thank you in advance for any help! I've also fished Rudee Inlet in the past along with Sandbridge but that was some time ago.

Thank you,
Man

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Chincoteague doesn't have an osv. The beach is assateague. by the end of the month only the north osv will likely be open. The south will close for plovers and turtles. End of june you'll have Whiting and sharks. Rudee and sandbridge are several hours south of chincoteague in va beach. Sandbridge pier has a possibility of cobia around that time, although mid to late July has been better there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chincoteague doesn't have an osv. The beach is assateague. by the end of the month only the north osv will likely be open. The south will close for plovers and turtles. End of june you'll have Whiting and sharks. Rudee and sandbridge are several hours south of chincoteague in va beach. Sandbridge pier has a possibility of cobia around that time, although mid to late July has been better there.
Thanks Benji. Is there a bait shop near the North OSV that has fresh bunker?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Also you need to get icecream at Island Creamery and a taco bowl from Pico's, icecream is all handmade and the tacos are arguably the best in Va. Both are on Maddox blvd.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely do so! We are staying at Fairfield inn through the weekend and will have to explore a little. Thank you for your recommendations!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts