Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Rudee and netted some peanut bunker then headed to Chick's. Got there and set up around 4:30, half way between the bridge and the fence line. Set the heaver up and had a hit almost immediately. Turned out to be a big fat roundhead, which tasted very good with mac 'n cheese. Also caught a small croaker, baby biter and a skate. Got run off by the lightning around 6.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Heck of a run catching the bait at Rudee to fish at Chicks. Why not catch bait at Lynnhaven or do you live near Rudee??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live 5 minutes from Rudee and wasn't sure if I was gonna head to Dam Neck, Ft Story or Chick's until I stepped on the gas.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's the way I do it. My wife does'nt even ask anymore. I have been known to (SHHHHHH!) buy minnows at grandview at 2am and end up in kipoteake after sunrise. Once when I was carrying the kayak, I tore up the flounder out at the smith point light on the barrier islands with grandview minnows. And to top it off, I live in Richmond.:D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The Fox Hill (Grandview) minnow Lady is the Real Deal. She works VERY hard to keep minnows in those tubs. I see her out at 4 in the morning working her traps. All that and the honor system, she is the only 24/7 bait place anywhere. She is a good person and involved in the community. Besides SHE is a great neighbor, when we first moved in she asked if the night traffic was a problem,I told her it's cool. If you haven't, check her out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Minnows

The guy I used to buy minnows from (around grandview) doesn't sell them anymore. Where is this minnow lady at?

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
239 Posts
i agree cause the tubs always full of fat ones. Please don't get me in trouble, cause if I lived around there I wouldn't buy them and not fish the pier( as I did when there was nothing biting). When drive down at night from richmond, there are no live minnows to be had on my way to the eastern shore. Let her know that one of those time, I pulled up a keeper every ten minutes until I tried for cobes and reds.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The Minnow Lady is on Beach Road on the way to the pier right before the first little creek on the right.

Hey FW, she don't care where you fish with'em, just fish with'em.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Her only sign are the bath tubs in the yard. There is a rather primitive canvas tarp thing set up to keep sun off Minners.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have not been there in a long time, but she had some small sighs telling you how to pay and that she also had squid etc. if you happen to catch her in the yard. Really works hard to survive. I t would be a good thing if you left a tip now and again. If I remeber correctly she was half price of everyone else. I would drive out of my way to buy her minnows, because she needs the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts