Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 6-8 last night. Temp was nice, with some wave hopping required. Using a 6" storm we in the rainbow trout flavor I landed 4 shorts and missed another. Most hooked close in on a slow retrieve. The bite slowed so I switched to a stingsilver and hooked another that was lost, only landing one more short after that. Made a few more casts and decided I really didn't like the top half of my rod so I flung it off, never to be seen again. I guess I may have been tip wrapped and it pulled the end off. The bad part is the stingsilver broke off letting the rod end go. So, if anyone out there finds the end to a 9' Tsunami I'll gladly buy you a beer for it's return.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey shoesless

give me directions to chick's. I've heard the name but never been there. If I'm thinking correctly it's off of Hampton Blvd.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From Chesapeake take 64 to 13/CBBT exit. Take 13 until you get to Pleasure House Rd. and take a left. Follow to the end and take a left (you will see a pond in front of you). Take the first right and take the next right after that (you will be on opposite side of pond). Look for parking on the right and access the beach from under the bridge. Good Luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks

Just trying to figure out where I'm gonna throw my line in Friday,

It's a toss up between Rudee, Headboat Charter out of Rudee--or your favorite spot Chix

·
Registered
691 Posts
bummer

Sorry to hear about the rod Shoeless! I have lost some gear, but never that way. Usually, it's the whole darn rig that I lose. Lost my favorite ever baitcasting set-up 2 months ago at the LI. aarrrggghhhhh Maybe the fish gods owe you 1 now?!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Shoe how do you like that 9' Tsunami?? I got one from O.E.2 a couple of weeks ago for a birthday present and put an old Penn 550SS on it that I already had and love it. I know what you're thinking and no you can't have the top. I'd call the local tackle shops and see if anyone has one that the bottom broke and can't be fixed and the top's still good. 17th street or LightHouse would be a good start.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
jay b-I love that rod. I have a Tica Libra 4000 on it that casts metal a mile. Good idea about asking the local shops about a top - I was just gonna buy another one. 17th Street is getting a shipment of Ticas in this afternoon and I was thinking of getting a 2-6oz Tica instead, but I need to feel how it compares. I think they are a bit softer than they are rated, so it may work. The problem may lie in trying to throw a rattle trap with it. I guess I'll see this afternoon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts