Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to drop a guy at BWI tomorrow morning, and thought I might check out SPSP.

It's my understanding that I need a license to fish in the Bay.

I've heard that they are $14 for non-residents, but I've never seen any info on where to get one.

Also, any info on where to get bait?

·
Registered
490 Posts
No one likes to send someone to Anglers , but they are on the way to SPSP and the do carry license and bait.and they are on the way.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just looking on "Hot Spots" at that "695 Pier".

Is it worth a look?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Outdoor World/Bass Pro Shops in the Arundel Mills Mall, has alot of Saltwater Gear and sells licenses. They have lots of artifical baits and salt water lures. Not sure they have fresh/LIVE bait however. But, it is near BWI.

From N. bound I-95 take RT. 100 E. about 7 miles or so, past the MARC train station. Then turn off onto Bass Pro Rd. Check out their website itswww.basspro.com Look for the Hanover Md. location.
Might be a option for you.

On the Bass Pro note, a new location will also be opening in Hampton Va. Check out the news release under new locations on their website.

Maui Son:cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
license in va is 7.50 and is good in md also. So i guess you could save a few bucks and buy it in va, that is if you have a va residency.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The $14 fee in Md. is for non residents.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
You don't have to be a Va. resident to use a Va. license. I use a Va. license and it covers the whole bay.

FL FISHERMAN said:
license in va is 7.50 and is good in md also. So i guess you could save a few bucks and buy it in va, that is if you have a va residency.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
right

So flea how did you get around the nonresident part? When I got mine they asked me if I was a resident. Being military and that I live in md and a fl resident I gave them my work address and there was no questions asked. But some people don't have that luxury. I guess you could just use a friends address or make one up. Makes u think, could anyone get around the nonresident barrier??:confused:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
yup me too

He lives in good old Baltimore. That is why I was wondering if he gave them his md address or a va address.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Jim,

Some states are like that but here in VA you have to be on official leave and have your leave form with you as proof when you are fishing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts