Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a blast!My lil honey hole produced some nice fish this weekend.

I really started fishin on Thursday 8/14 after work @ 6pm.Fished with my 8 foot trout rod,5/8 slip shot,30 lbs swivel attached to a 24 inch leader that was hand snelled to a long shanked size 1 hook.
Used frozen menhaden(yup ,the same ones I brined a couple of weeks ago).Found it more productive running the hook through the mouth,thorough the gills and hooking the bait on the side.When I would hook the bait through the head,I was usually robbed.

So here is the count:
8/14:Conditions-partly cloudy,T-stormed earlier,out going tide,slight current.Fished from 6pm to 830pm

(4) flatties-no size,C-N-R,(4) 2-3 lbs croakers(4) pin fish,(1)24 inch striper,that thought it was a blue marlin,thought I was gonna snap my line cause it headed straight for the rocks...C-N-R
Kept the Croakers.

8/16:Conditions-Partly sunny,northerly breeze,breath taking sunrise,incoming tide,brisk running current.Fished from 6am to 1130 am.Thunder+lightning+fishing pole=BAD

(4)3-4 foot sharks,hit on cut blue fish steaks on the 11 foot Tica(love that 525mag,but got to brave and blew it up on the #3 mag setting)(6) Flatties,2 keepers 18incher and a nice 22 incher.I will have pic as soon as I down load the camera.(20 )2-3 lbs croakers.(10)Blow Toads-man I love to eat em...yum!(2)oyster toads.(1)sea robin,and all the pin fish you can count...just got irritating(had to donate some of them to the sharks)Kept the croakers and the toads.

8/17:Man I didn't think the rain was ever gonna stop...got up @ 430am(man I shoulda not had that last drink @ Sneeky Petes)Hit the snooze button,hoping the rain would stop when I got back up.Headed out @ 7am,got my WAWA coffee and popped 2 asprins.
Conditions-Cloudy,westerly breeze,wet,slight sprinkles,heavy bait activity,incoming tide.Fished from 730am to 12pm(asprin didn't help)
(1)shark-2 footer(15)2-3 lbs croaker,(6)snappers-hit on my castmaster with glass minnow teaser (1) lost blow toad and those pin fish again.

Mostly all fish were caught on my trout rod and frozen menhaden as bait.Went though a half gallon freezer bag pretty generously.Caught 2 blue fish and all the sharks on the 11 foot tica.Most fun I have had in a while.The croakers seem to have ballooned and gave a wicked fight.I was surprised when the 22 inch flounder had hit since I was getting nibbles on my retrieve and when my bait had fallen,as I lit my cig,the flounder had swallowed the hook and was laying less than 5 feet in front of me.I pretty much freeked out.Not to sure if my hook was set,I gingerly draged the fish into the surf.No fight or head shaking, yet,until it felt the white water of the surf.Dragged him in safely,to my surprise he was slightly hooked on the top of his mouth.If you can only imagine the shear luck this fish did not get off!"I guess every squirrel eventually finds a nut".

Tried to get up with :Topsnipe,Surfand turf,Chest2head and bassn-to no prevail.Need to get yalls #'s!Hoping to get up with you guys soon!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Great report, sounds like a heck of a weekend. I hope that everyone reads this post and realizes what a fishing report is supposed to look like. Here lately it seems that most folks are not willing to share their "top-secret" info and all we are able to read on the boards is a bunch of B.S., thanks again for sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts