Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
workin up at cherrystone campground this summer. doin as much fishin as i can during the hours of my day that are ot consumed with work. checked with the captain of the miss jennifer (a headboat that rus out of cherrystone's boat dock) he says that there have been good size croaker beig caught along with the occasional flattie. did a little fishin of my own at the boat dock. nothin for me but i saw 2 doormats come in and assisted one poor guy. his first fish EVER and he hooks a skate on light tackle. we eventually got it in. but thats whats goin on up there. it's back to work tomarrow. if any of you come up that way stop in the cafe. thats where i work. but i might be transferred to the bait and tackle shop. either way i reccommed our clam chowder and just ask for Rudy.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stingray--

where is cherrystone campground, and what type of fishing is it up there: surf, pier, or just that head boat.
thanks-todd

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cherrystone is about 20 miles up the road once you cross the CBBT. just stay on that road and you'll see a big sign where you turn left to enter the campground. they have 3 piers to fish from, a boat dock (thats where the best fishi is) and a headboat at 20$ a head. there's good fishin and crabbin i the season. ohhh yea, you can also rent boats to fish in.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Sting Ray,

I was down at Cherrystone during Memorial weekend and went out on Miss Jennifer on that Monday. We caught 21 croakers, mostly on Squid and a couple on bloodworms. I think one person caught a small flounder and somebody else caught a bluefish. I believe it cost us $25.00 each. Very Nice campground. Will probably do it again this summer. I tried fishing at the pier near the bait shop, but the water is very shallow, no bites. Any other good spots near there?

D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have heard that Kiptopeak state park is a good spot for some fishin. they supposedly have a pier that you ca catch a wide variety of species off of. they took old WW2 cocrete ships ad sunk them off the end of the pier to create some structure. the park is about 10 miles up the road from cherrystoe i think. i have never been there, this is just what i heard.

·
Registered
337 Posts
thanks for the info stingray. I will be checking those out when I get some time. I will stop in at the cafe and say hi when I am there.--------bassn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts