Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been living here 34 years and have never been to the Eastern Shore. We always head to the Outer Banks for vacation and then again for my birthday in October. Well decided to change it up and I am going over to the shore for a long weekend Oct 15-18. Can you catch anything from the piers at Cherrystone?? is there any other public piers worth trying? I am playing golf down at Bay Creek so anywhere on either side of the peninsula is fine.

thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The water around Cherrystones piers is shallow. Caught mostly small flounder, specks and skates and mostly at night. I like to drive down to Kiptopeke State Park there’s a nice pier there as well as the beach to the south of the Pier. I would walk down the beach to where the pound nets are and fish near them. Had great luck with multi species catches there on gulp swimming mullets on 3/8 oz jig heads.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Been living here 34 years and have never been to the Eastern Shore. We always head to the Outer Banks for vacation and then again for my birthday in October. Well decided to change it up and I am going over to the shore for a long weekend Oct 15-18. Can you catch anything from the piers at Cherrystone?? is there any other public piers worth trying? I am playing golf down at Bay Creek so anywhere on either side of the peninsula is fine.

thanks for any help!!
Try just south of cherry stone at kiptopeke SP. there should be some speckled trout around and maybe some spot and puppy drum. Good beach and fishing areas around the boat ramp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! i will try KSP on Friday. i just have a couple rods (just me and the old man going) and some bottom rigs and fish bites. I may stop and get some GULP! mullets if you think they are worth it instead of bottom rigging.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
If you need anything just stop at Oceans East (used to be Chris' B & T) it's on that side of Hwy 13 inbetween those two spots and they have everything including advice.

This time of year lures will catch Puppy Drum, Speckled Trout and Striper from that pier at Kiptopeake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts