Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another report from the cherrystone campground. croaker are runnin good and big flounder are commin in from the 36A area. i've been getting good hauls of shark. but this is a story of heartbreak. neither me nor my fater have ever caught a cobia. wile fishin the channel off of cherrystone for shark, using a fish head, my dad hooks up with what we thought was a big sand shark. he fought it like a shark and pulled it right to the boat. then i saw the signature white stripe. i went to grab the leader and mr. brown shook his head "no" and it cut through my gloves and the hook popped out. keep in mind we were only in a 12ft boat. but that fishmust have been half as long as the boat. i can't even take a guess at the weight. but all else is well on the home front.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stingray101,

I have 14 foot John boat with a 8 hp motor. But don't take it out on open water b/c its so small.
I live in Glouester across from Yorktown
and usually take my boat out in the York River or West Point for Croakers and Flounders. My Question is were is Cherrystone campground and 36A?

I don't go very farout b/c my boat is to small. But your taking out your 12 foot boat. I'm thinking the water is not very rought there right? Or a smaller river or bay not so wide open?
I sure would like to catch some nice size Sharks and feed some Cobia! ehehehe...

Thanks,

Danielkmai

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cherrystone is at Eastern Shore, Bayside just north of town of Cape Charles. When I use to live in the DC area we would go to Cape Charles going south and go home through North on Eastern Shore doing a circle.

Fishing in Cape Charles area is superb. If you think about coming and you golf, you may want to bring your clubs.

Cape Charles has the best course in Va.

CCC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts