Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Legend, Fished there twice last week, most recently on Sunday afternoon. Fished outgoing tide to slack (low) tide...left just after dark (about 7 pm). Caught one 14" striper and that was it. Guy next to me caught a 13" striper. There was a lady under the light by the house catching small perch under the pier. There were lots of small fish flopping around...mostly bluefish, I think. As I was leaving the pier, stopped at the very first light and you could see the schoolies swimming around in the shallow water, but none of them wanted to bite on the white gulp I was using.

Talked to a guy at the Grafton tackle shop and he said it's still a bit early and the water is still too warm for the big striper that migrate into the river to spawn. But I think we're getting close.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fished the pier Wen thru Sat. Caught 4 short stripers between the 1st generator and the port-a-potty. Sat @ about 3:30 got a 23" keeper just right of the yellow garbage can on a white bucktail & zoom white fluke. Mostly seen others catching white perch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.