Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys;

I was fishing at Fort Fisher this weekend and I had tied several really killer mono bottom rigs and I had snelled the hooks. After a day of not very good fishing, I figured I did not really want to break these down so I could use them on another day. On the other hand I did not want to have the hooks just hanging there waiting to snag some piece of clothing, upholstery, human or animal flesh or just create a major mess with each other. So I looked around to what I had that I could cap the hooks with and voila!! I found the magic solution,,,,Swiss cheese.

I had a bag of it in the cooler I had cubed earlier to munch on during the day so I just took a piece of the cubed cheese, stuck the hook in it and just tossed it and the rigs in back of the Explorer.

Guess what, next morning, they were still on the hooks, no mess and they had harden up really nice, did not smell and could be easily removed with no problem and then just tossed on the ground for some hungry critter to make a meal of.

Maybe this is not news to some of you, but it is for me so I thought I would pass it on.

Reminds me of the old saying "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" :cool:

Tight Lines :fishing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.