Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Any suggestions better than 90$/night weekend rate @ super 8 or econo lodge down there? cheap and cozy b and b or hotel? we'll be coming from NC, so anything fenwick, bethany or more north would be great.
I'd camp @ cape henlopen but the family is coming too.......
(btw, how is the camping there at the state park... haven't been there for years and years)

good fishing!
j

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, the econo lodge in rehobeth is a great deal during the weekdays sunday thru thurs night during this "offseason"-- 49.99 and the rooms are great... 2 tv's, refrig, kitchenette, 2 phones, etc!

i wonder if the weekend rates drop ever... nov/dec?

j

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat 80 and me stayed 2 nights at the Econo Lodge in Rehoboth about a month ago for the IRI clean up and really liked it. In the lobby they have coffee 24/7 and a nice, free continental breakfast in the morning. If the family is coming the factory outlet stores are across the street and you can really save some money plus everything is tax free in DE. Additionally there are ton a good resturants right in the area and there's a K-Mart right across the street for those odds and ends that you always seem to need. If you are over 50 ask for the senior discount. It'll save you another $10.00 per night. In the future the Econo Lodge is the only place I'll stay when fishing the area.

Catman.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you are interested in staying in Lewes, check the Cape Henlopen Motel. It is next to the Wharf and you walk about 100 feet if you're interested in head boat fishing. Of course, the charter boats are also docked along there too. The drive to CH park is about 3 minutes. I stayed there recently and paid $50 a night for a single. Clean and convenient. Have fun.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The Econo Lodge in Rehoboth

is a nice place with good rates. As I remember we paid about $70 a night for the weekend but they dropped to $49 for weekdays.

It was a good time with good company. I'm looking forward to seeing my old roomie on our up comming Tog trip on Dec. 20th. Hey pal, we need to get that room booked.:)....Tightlines

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Done Deal.

Hat....Consider it done. I'll book us for the 19th and 20th. I'll also bring my obnoxious clock/radio again. :D

Catman.:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey catman I will get the information from you this weekend. Anthony and I will probably follow suit and share a room too. We don't want you guys getting ahead of us now!:D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
You Guys Getting Soft

What's this? You two Warriors are actually considering sleeping in a real bed while on a fishing trip?:D Nice to see some of the older folk wisdom is finally sinking in. Next thing you know Shaggy will be getting a cell phone.:p

Catman.:)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ROFLMAO!

I guess a bed is better then a car seat.:eek: Shaggy with a cell phone, now thats a good one. We'll need to work on it.

Hey Shaggy, Here is a AI updated report I found. I hope you put it to good use, it's 2003 my friend.....Tightlines

AI Report

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sleep in a bed? :mad: Not for me thanks. I sleep on a bed of nails at home. Sleeping in a bed makes you soft and weak, like shrimp. Not being well rested makes me more alert and strong, like prawn. Eight Hours sleep for 4 days is all I need. Ok all joking aside, me and Jason probably would have gotten a room the night before the charter but since it was cancelled, we opted to go fishing instead of sleep. The room is a good idea, we'll have to set something up next month. I stayed at a place called the Summer Place in Rehoboth when I went on vacation there. All it was was a bed and bathroom, all we need for one night. I will give them a call to see what their rates are for the off season.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
:D I don't think so! :p

When some one needs me, they always got the park rangers, and if I need someone, well heck, just drop to my knees and pray, sometimes it works.:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts