Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Want to begin by thanking everyone for making up this very nice resourceful community. I've been lurking the board for a long time and its great!

I am interested in taking out a charter in the chesapeake bay or va beach. I'm in Newport News, so can anyone recommend a really good captain around here? Also, I've only been on headboats before, not private charters. Any unknowns I should be aware of?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Check out these two

Pretty Work Cahrters Capt. Herb Gordon 757-464-3974
Page II Charters Capt. Craig Paige 757-482-5180

The first one would be my choice.

Rick

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are boats that leave out of Lynnhaven inlet. Boat leaves the dock about 5 pm and returns about 9:30Pm. Cost was 20 bucks to get on the boat, 5 bucks if you needed to rent a rod and lures, and $'s for the mate as he works soley for tips.
Fifteen of us took the trip, caught more than our share, had to "fish" for them but it was a g r e a t trip. Planning on going in two weeks. Boat is a headboat well lit, stable, and mate kept the rods rigged with lures, Fin-s, twisters, and Storm plastics when he wasn't netting fish. I'll get the name and number and post it later for you.

Enjoy, Tim

·
Registered
547 Posts
charter boat

www.captainhoggscharters.com

i mate on this boat. its 600/day
350 1/2 day.

the boat is the "smokin gun " and we have a great reputation.
also, we are out of hampton so it would be a lot closer than va beach.

wait a few weeks til the temp drops and the fishin will be better, but we caught 13 sunday including a 20lber.

call me at 234-0948 or 303-9520 if you have any questions.

tight lines
-tory

·
Registered
232 Posts
Fishaholic,

FYI:
Ron Bennett
Charter Boat Service
8405 Norristown Drive
Norfolk, VA 23518
Phone1: (757) 480-4261 Charter Boat Service
Phone2: (757) 588-4198 The Captains home phone
Email: [email protected]

I noticed flyer at work from "Captain Ron". Has a Striper Special going right now. 6:00 to 10:00pm from Little Creek Inlet. $30.00 a head with tackle, $45.00 without. Minimum 3 pers maximum 6. Call or email for more info.

Macman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts